Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Grilled Zucchini Rollups

I really did not intend to be posting this many recipes on this here blog of mine!! But hey why not.......I got another one for ya! They are called bacon zucchini roll ups!!
I love to cook (in my spare time which I don't have enough of) and modify recipes that look scrumptious to make them my own!!
This weekend we tried something new and healthy (if you don't add the bacon that is.......but that would be awful!! I love me some bacon!!)!!  I saw a picture on the internet of grilled zucchini roll ups that looked SO yummy!! I skimmed through the recipe and decided to make something similar by adding/discarding ingredients to please my taste buds needs !! Here is what I came up with.......I promise its quick and easy!!

What you need:

2 small zucchini
package of goat cheese (I got one with spices and herbs)
lemon juice
chives
basil
salt/pepper
bacon
olive oil

Take your zucchini:



slice it lengthwise (about 1/4 inches thick) sprinkle with salt and pepper:

I would invest in one of those cheese slicer magigers to get even slices (unlike mine!!)!

and drizzle with olive oil:



In a bowl add package of goat cheese


sliced up chives:



juice of a lemon (only to taste....not too much though):


basil (I bought this kind):


and add salt and pepper to taste (not pictured)!!

Fire up your grill:


grill some bacon:


and grill the zucchini until tender (soft enough to fold over).  Add a bacon strip and cheese mixture to one end of zucchini. Roll to make it look something like this:



Enjoy!!

Does this look like something you would try yourself??  Are you like me and love to modify every recipe you come across (your probably changing the ingredients above all ready)??? Do you make any yummy zucchini recipes that you would like to share? Let me know all about it!!


Another recipe for ya,
xoxo Joanna D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...