Sunday, July 10, 2011

The "F" Word

No not THAT "F" word!

"F" as in fun, family, friends, food, and fireworks!! Yes all of those F('n......haha!) words would sum up my Fourth of July weekend!!

We kicked off the weekend by watching the largest firework display in the Midwest called Rhythm and Booms!! This was our second consecutive year at the show and its just as amazing as the last!! I have no other word to describe it but........AWESOME (if you live near Madison, WI......you must GO!!).  I have a feeling we will be going every year.......yeah it's that bananas!!

We had the pleasure of hanging out with two of our friends from college (who both stood up in our wedding...and who I hung out with the first weekend I met 2hotty.....HOLLA!!)

Meet our friend Chris (aka Cupid) and you all should know Scott (aka 2hotty):


Also let me introduce to you  my friend Katherine (looking so festive in our sun dresses):





First things first........we found a patch of grass and laid out our blanket:


This is Chris' happy dance.........


Why you ask??


So we can get our selves some of these...................


and these....................

so that we can stand in here.................





to drink a few of these!!!!  Here is to FRIENDSHIP!!!






At the show they always have a carnival so that the kids can spend all of their parents money enjoy all the rides!! So we wanted in all the fun too!!



I'm not sure if I believe this:


Yeah right.......there is NO absolute freakin way I would ever go on that:


But we did buy some tickets:


to ride this bad boy:


Ya I don't think I can handle those spinning rides anymore!! Two thumbs down for getting old!!


To waste some more time we decided to take some really.....ummm.....uncool pictures by the water:

Well not this one......this one is pretty cool:


But this one......umm yeah.....what were we thinking:


and this one (OMG!! I snapped more but was to embarrassed to show them...HAHA):


Love HIM:


Kiss me......you know you want too:


What would fourth of July be without hanging out with some of our military men and women!!

They even had an ARMY helicopter that we posed in front of:


They allowed people to experience what it feels like to sit inside a military helicopter! AWESOME!

Then we watched the troops as they got in the helicopter and to take off:




It just gave me goosebumps as I thought of how I am privileged to live in this AMAZING country and the FREEDOMS that we have!! I am proud to be an AMERICAN:


After all of our "time-wasting" we headed back:  It really started to get crowded by then:


As we were walking back I almost dropped to the ground after we heard a LOUD kaboom!!! Then I realized they were just canons they fired off every hour on the hour until the firework show started!! Scared the bejesies out of me!

The aftermath smoke:


Here is Cupid striking a Vogue pose (because I would not quit snapping pictures):


Oh and how cute is this radio flyer that some lucky kid in front of us got to ride in (that is SO Fourth of July):

As the sun faded........the sky turned the most beautiful red, white, and blue (how ironic!!):





We then all stood up to see our national anthem:

So respectful:



and they showed us a little teaser:


The final group shot minus Scott (in black and white because the makeup had literally melted off of my face by the end of the night and I looked a little.......um.......scary!!):



Come on over hunny and give your wife a kiss.....haha!! Ya that's how scary this face of mine was:



Oh and they had some skydivers jump out of this airplane:



so that we can all OOHHH and AHHH at:





OK so the moment you've been waiting for.  Are ya ready?  Well you better put your RayBan's on because these pictures will blind you of AWESOMENESS!!


How pretty were these:


THIS


LITTER ALLY

WENT

ON


FOR

45


MINUTES!!!!!



And I had the most AMAZING view:



I could just melt in a puddle!!!


Rhythm and Booms you rock my world!! Cant wait to see you next year!!!
 How did you celebrate your Fourth of July weekend?  Was it booming with Fireworks?? Did you enjoy the "F" words just like I did? 

Stay tuned to see Part 2.......I have a special guest!!

Thankful for my FREEDOM,
xoxo Joanna D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...