Friday, June 17, 2011

CUTE "Manly" Gifts

OK so I thought it would be fun to surf the web to see what kind of creative Father's Day projects I can find to share with y'all so that we can all spoil the special men in our lives together come this Sunday!!

The fist thing I came across, was this sweet shadowbox that I think would be SO perfect to give to the first time daddy!!  It's so Genius and too perfect.....why didn't I think of it?!?!!!  If this doesn't get your baby's daddy all choked up (or even shed a tear) then I don't know what will!! Guess where I found it?? My girl Martha's website of course!!

So sweet right?!?!?!

Another great idea is gathering all the kiddos (or even just one kiddo) and having them pose for a picture while holding a letter or word spelling out DAD or HAPPY FATHERS/DADDY'S DAY..(you can even have all the grandchildren make one for gramps)! You get the idea right??!! Just take a look at this picture another blogger did (her blog found HERE!!):


Again what a cute idea!!!!


This is my personal favorite gift idea (also for a first time daddy)!!  You can also try to DIY it yourself if you have the time and energy!! For example, you can cut out the letters from felt or fabric and sew them on (or use those strip adhesive you iron on) to a shirt and onsie.....OR...... just go to this website for purchasing info!!  How cute would it be seeing your baby and his/her daddy matching on Father's Day......it just MELTS my heart!!!


What's Fathers Day without incorporating a tie in there somewhere!! Instead of wrapping the tie in a box or gift bag, why not use the tie or bow tie as part of the wrapping decoration like this (you can find some cheap ones from a thrift store or any other second hand shop):

necktie inspired bow craft



Also try incorporating your fathers hobbies when looking for gift ideas!!  I know my dad is a "outdoorsy" kind of guy who loves doing "dad" things such as mowing the lawn!! So he would love to receive gifts like a John Deer hat or lawn "toys" such as a weed wacker!!
My husband on the other hand (who is not a daddy yet) enjoys playing golf, therefore giving him a box of golf balls and tees (you can also write "have a Tee-rific day" on the card) along with a day spent golfing would be just perfect!! You can make something like this:

Click HERE for the tutorial on how to make this!!


How cute were they?!?!?! Gosh, I cannot wait to make these special things for my hubster,Scotty2hotty, one day!!! They just scream "Make me" "Make me" to me!! For now I just enjoy looking at the pretty pictures and daydreamin about the crafty goodness I could be making such as above!!
So tell me, what are you making/buying for your pops or baby's daddy this year??  What are some other hobbies that your dads enjoy (there are so many out there such as cooking, grilling, fishing, etc.!)?? How about that adorable matching shirt set above.....swoon!!!!

Have any great Fathers Day ideas, share it in the comments below!!

Have a wonderful Father's Day weekend,
xoxo Joanna D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...