Thursday, June 16, 2011

Spicy Antipasto Kabobs

So I have yet another recipe to share with you today.  This time I'm going the Italiano route and I think the title of this post says it all.  I swear I could have been Italian in my past life because I lurve anything that involves pasta and cheese........my husband on the other hand is a meat and potato kinda guy.  Don't get me wrong if you put some bacon goodness in front of me I will grin from ear to ear (with even some grease running down my mouth.....gross I know!!) but spaghetti and meatballs, lasagna, and chicken parmigiana is like heaven to me.......have you been to Olive Garden??.......ha ha I'm just kidding I've had better Italian food than just the good ol' Olive Garden!!!
When I came across the recipe from this website, www.thehungryhousewife.com, I knew I just had to try it (there are actually more recipes from this site I would like to try as well)!!! If you've ever had antipasto you know how tasty it is but yet how it can be kinda messy.  So why not put it all on a stick for individual servings......what a great idea, no??  (I guess anything on a stick can end up being yummy goodness.....have you ever tried deep fried Twinkies on a stick???)  I did add my own twist to it though by substituting hot peppers instead of green olives!!  I tried this recipe this past weekend as one of the appetizers served at my nephews Christening (and will be making it more often in the future)!!

What you need (I made a 100 kabobs but adjust the qty to how many you need)

Kabob Skewers (I bought the regular size and cut them in half)
Hot chili peppers
Salami
Tortellini (I used Barilla 3 cheese)
Balsamic dressing (I used Newman's)
Grape tomatoes
Pepperoni
Black Olives
Mozzarella Pearle's


  • Cook the tortellini pasta according to package directions and marinate in dressing for a few hours.
  • Marinade the mozzarella balls for a few hours as well.
  • Cut the skewers in half (if using the larger skewers)
  • Assemble kabobs

This is what it should/could look like:




I placed the chili peppers at the end of the skewers (that way if someone didn't want/like to eat hot peppers they could just leave it on the skewer.)


Then I added the salami (by folding it a few times so it would hold on the skewer):

Salami is the one in the back!

 Next I added one tortellini (I used the green and white variety):


  a tomato:



a slice of pepperoni (again folded it in half to fit the skewer):


 Pepperoni is the red one!
 Then I added a black olive:



 and lastly I added the mozzarella pearles (I used a few because they were so small):



This is what they looked like after the assembling:





YUMMY!!!


Do any of you enjoy Italian food as much as I do? If so, do you make any yummy recipes that you would like to share?? Or perhaps you enjoy spicy food such as the hot peppers mentioned (personally I don't mind them!)?? I hope you get to try this great recipe and share your thoughts with me!!


Enjoy,
xoxo Joanna D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...