Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Giver not a Fighter

I might have mentioned a few times in a previous post that I love......with a capital LOVE.....receiving presents!!!  No I'm not that kinda girl who is spoiled and demands gifts.......I'm not....and I'm not writing this post to sound conceded at ALL!!!  I just get really get giddy and excited about tearing through the pretty wrapping paper to see whats inside!! The gifts don't have to be materialistic at all......in fact they don't have to cost one penny......Nada.......zero point zero zero dollars!! The free ones are usually the well thought out ones that tend to be my favorite!!  Its the thought and gesture that counts.....right?!?!  Seriously if you gave me a rock and told me that it reminded you of me.........I would treasure that rock like nobodies business.....(insert finger snap here!!)! I especially love the pressies when someone uses there own gift/talent to make you something!  Its unique and special to you me!  A gift that someone gives you is a symbol that they care about you, appreciate you, and have love for you!  Well........usually......HA......I guest it depends what the "gift" is!
Not only am I a great receiver of gifts.......I love to give em too!!  I'm a lover giver.......not a fighter!! Don't hate! HA!  When it comes to finding and wrapping a gift for a loved one.....I get very serious!! Like get out of my way SERIOUS!  I want it to be meaningful and true to that persons tastes/likes/wants!! I love to think long and hard about what I want to give..........and this process can sometimes take days, weeks, even months!! HA!  Oh and wrapping the gift is very important business too!! It has to look pretty.......like Martha Stewart pretty.....ya THAT pretty!!

So here are some wonderful goodies I received for my birthday this year.......I must say the goodies were pretty spot on with what I have been lusting over (Thanks Friends and Family........I love you like lady Gaga loves her 10 inch heels (seriously how does she do that??)!!):


  • Marc Jacobs Daisy perfume I've been lusting over! (highly recommend it for summer if you like sweet smells!)
  • Fun summer colored nail polish (WITH GLITTER!!) and the new OPI crackle nail polish (haven't used it yet......looks interesting!)
  • Fruity smelling candle! (You can never go wrong with candles!)
  • Scented wax ball that looks like a candle but is not. I have it in my bathroom and when it gets steamy in there the wax ball perfumes the whole bathroom (sooooo coool!!)
  • Yummy smelling body wash.

  • Big billowy beach hat!! (will come in handy by the pool/beach!)
  • Purty scarf (love with a capital LOVE the colors......I wore it on our trip to Chicago)
  • New shades (most perfect fit I have ever owned!!!)
  • JEWELRY (always a great gift in my book!!)
  •  
  • Fabulous hair products (I think they're trying to tell me something?? The hair is a hot mess most of the time.......I get it!! HA!)
  • Beautiful wallet in a Gorg color!
  • Some fun gift cards to some of my fave stores (Victoria's and her awesome Secret and Nordstroms)
  • Cute Coach wristlet in the perfect "greige" color!
 

And my most favorite of all.......are reading through these heartfelt Bday Cards!! (I just can't come to terms throwing these cards away.........hoarder in the making this one I swear!! Ha!)
 
 
So tell me, have you received some fun goodies this year??  What are your favorite/unique presents to give (I'm always looking for new ideas)?  Are you like me and enjoy giving presents that are perfectly wrapped with matching wrapping paper and bow or are you like my husband and would rather wrap the present in a plastic bag and tape it shut with duct tape (may or may not be a true story)? Do you like ripping through your wrapping paper or do you open the corners carefully and save it to give it a second life? Or maybe you've tried the new OPI crackle nail polish and would like to share your thoughts..........(I'm so curious)? Any comments leave it down below!!

Giver not a fighter,
xoxo Joanna D!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...