Saturday, June 4, 2011

CHIcago Part 3

OK I'm back with yet another post about our fun trip to Chicago (are you sick of it yet?!?)!  Well It'll be the last post......kind of!! Muahahahah!! If you missed the first part you can read all about it HERE and the second part you can read about HERE!

OK so where was I............??  Oh ya I left off with a picture of this (Crown Fountains):


After watching the children run around the Crown Fountains having a great time splashing each other with water......it was time for us to move on:

It seems like my man was doing a whole lotta of this:


I cant blame him the buildings are AMAZING:



we stopped to take some fun pictures at a courtyard located next to the Art Institute of Chicago building:





I had some fun with the camera....haha:




 By far my favorite picture :-)


(he makes that tree look good.....he he!)

Trying to take some fun abstract photos.............loved this tree:





We then posed with the lions outside of the Art Institute building (must go inside on another trip):





And I quote........."Yep its a boy!".........gotta love the hubster and all of his infamous goofy comments (never a dull moment my friends! HA!):



What you talkin bout Willis?!?!............It's the Sears Tower (always will be to me.....cannot come to terms calling it the Willis Tower.....I'm sorry I just cant!!):


Before heading back to Macy's for our tour........we stopped at this place:


(Wow Bao's Hot Asian Buns)


Asian strip club?????






HaHa....... No Silly!!.......we stopped to get a quick lunch!! The food was Great......its a fast food Asian restaurant:




We finally made it to our chocolate tasting tour where we learned all about chocolate and best of all got to do some yummy taste testing along the way!!! We stopped at a few places including Sarah's(Martha Stewart is a customer :-) !), Frango (love!), Wow Bao's (once again this time to try there chocolate buns!!), Hanna's Bretzel, and Argo Tea (had the best chocolate mint tea.......will go back for more!).  Here are some pictures we took along the way:








Can you guess what team we root for during football season:


we even seen President Obama:


.........well kinda!! HA!:

After our tour ended we figured it would be refreshing to wash down all that chocolate with a big glass of.........




Beer of course!!!! What we live in Wisconsin.......that's how we roll!! We stopped at The Berghoff:





old liquor licence....pretty cool!

We then made the walk across the bridge back to the hotel:



(Trump Tower)

Our favorite building we would "ooohhh and ahhhh" at every time we walked by:



Back at the hotel to freshen up and rest a bit before heading off to Navy Pier:


Go Bulls..........better luck next year! :-(


It was soooo foggy and cold at the Pier (glad I had my jacket this time.......and no sun dress!!):






I'm glad we decided against riding the Ferris wheel.......it wouldn't be worth our time and money!! Too foggy, windy, and cold! Oh well......theres is always next time!! (I sound like a broken record!)
We did get to see the stained glass windows though:



They were sooo pretty........here are some of our favorites:





A fun picture before leaving the pier and heading back to the hotel......HA!:


We eventually went to dinner at Mike Ditka's Restaurant (My husbands "To Do" found on this LIST!):






The memorabilia at the restaurant was pretty cool (Die hard BEARS fans we are!!)........I think my husband died and gone to heaven! Ditka wasn't there though......booo!!! Oh well........there's always next time!! he he.

The only thing that was left to do (that I planned on my original itinerary ) was to end the evening at the John Hancock building for some cocktails and to take in the amazing city views!!
Ya right......that didn't happen we were too exhausted (even though the building was just around the corner from the restaurant) to even eat our dinner!  All we wanted to do is get back to the hotel (take off my heels.......yes I walked blocks and blocks with heels on!! I don't know how women do it on a daily basis!!) and park it on the bed for the night! That is exactly what we did!!

The next morning, Saturday, we said "Sayonara" Room 813:


Checked out of the hotel and packed up the car!!  We ate a "breakfast for champs" meal at Portillos (hot dog joint) and decided against going to the beach and zoo!! Why you ask?  Well for one the weather was a bit cloudy (zoo + rain = not a fun time) and two we wanted to head over to my brother and sister in laws place to see my Rockstar nephew:

Rock Out Dude!!!
 His name is Nathaniel and he is the apple of my eye!!



So that was our 3 day stay in the beautiful city of Chicago!! I hope this helped if you were considering a trip to the windy city!! There is sooo much to see and do.  We will definitely be going back to do all of the things we missed out on!! Have any of you planned a trip to Chicago and would like to share some fun places to see, eat, and do that I missed out on?  Perhaps you would like to share with me a recent trip you've been on? Or maybe you just want to leave a comment on how cute my nephew is.......ya he jams out!!

There's always next time,
xoxo Joanna D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...