Thursday, June 23, 2011

"D" Day

Not only was it Daddy's day this past Sunday, It was also my Godchild, Dominik's, 5th birthday!! Double the pleasure double fun, right?!?!  I cant believe this "practice" child of mine is already five......I know everyone says this.....but seriously where did the time go!!! 

We started out the morning getting all dressed up and ready to go to a father's day brunch at the country club where Scotty is a golf member at!!  Let me just tell you nothing says "manly brunch grub" like having prime rib, ribs, bacon, sausage, and shrimp all in one sitting!! I mean it was only 10:30 a.m. when we got there but the boys were in clogged artery heaven!!  As for the ladies they had a dessert spread that made us grin from ear to ear!! Oh yes we enjoyed chocolate covered strawberries, french silk pie, gooey chocolate brownies, and so much more!! We were originally suppose to go with my parents and my in laws but unfortunately my parents couldn't make it....boo!!

This is my fabulous in law duo!! I could not have asked for a better set as these two!!! You often hear horror stories about people hating on there mother in law or father in law or even both, but ME I am nothing but loving on these two! When I married Scott almost four years ago, these two were behind us every step of the way and I am sooo THANKFUL (like beyond thankful)!! Thank you God for blessing me with these incredible people that have treated me and accepting me nothing less than their own!! Oh and since it was all about Fathers I just wanted to thank my father in law who is a funny "say it like it is" kinda man for always keeping it real and making me laugh!! You are loved!


To my fabulous parents who have brought up such wonderful children......we are ever so thankful for everything you have thought us!!  I now know what it is that you were trying to preach all of those years about being a respectful, hard working, funny but also serious kinda lady!! You have both been so accepting and loving of my husband and that makes me extremely happy!! Thank you for taking us in and giving us a lovely home to stay in as we figure out what our career paths will be!! My father is a hard working independent  kinda guy who sure does know how to maintain a lovely home (just look at his lawn.....always looking greener than our neighbors!)  I am so thankful for my dad (AKA Frank the Tank!)!! You are loved!!



After eating embarrassing amounts of food (and being induced in a food coma) the ladies headed back home to take a nap while the men headed out on the golf course!! It was just so sweet seeing all the daddies and their sons out golfing together......it made me smile!!


We still had a birthday party to get too!!

Here is Double D and 2Hotty flipping off the camera with a big ol' "I'm five":



When we got there someone was just not feeling it (I think it was the whole ageing thing that was bothering him...ha ha!!):


But we got him to cheer up when we showed him we had presents:


Goofballs:




We ate some more yummy food:





Played some serious V-Ball:




There is no I in Team:





Team photos:




Some trampoline fun:





Blowing out his Birthday candle:



It's present time:








Time for a campfire and some scary ghost stories to end the night:







Happy 5th birthday Double D!! We had a great time and hope you did too!! We love you!!



So lets talk!! How did you spend your fathers day this year?  Anybody celebrated a child's birthday recently (they are always so much fun for me because its a time when its OK to be a kid again and have some fun!!)  Anyone getting ready for the summer and playing outdoor fun activities or starting campfires and have a scary story to share?? I would love to hear all about it!

Hanging out with my favorite "D's",
xoxo Joanna D.

1 comment:

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...