Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Feelin Moody

So just for the record I am NOT pregnant!! But if I was and we were expecting a boy the moodboard below is what I envision for our baby boy's nursery (if we ever get so lucky to have a boy that is)!!

I discovered a pretty cool website called olioboard just a few weeks ago!!!

One random fact about me is that I have ALWAYS wanted to be an interior designer............since like a teenager!! Um Ya seriously........I have been collecting Pottery Barn catalogs since like 2003 or something crazy like that!! Some may call it a problem (*ahem* like my husband who is just in awe of my collection and just doesn't understand) but I have NO shame an admitting it!!  Just like men enjoy looking at Playboys (well most) I love my Pottery Barn......mmmkay!!

 I literally can not pass by the store without pressing my nose to the window to stare at all the gleaming house ware items they have on display!!! Did you know that they have a Pottery Barn OUTLET too????!?!?!? You should have seen me when I found out..........there may or may not have been some hyperventilating and loud joyous "There is a God" shrieks coming from my mouth!! Yes I will be going to one soon (the closest one is Ohio though and we live in Wisconsin.....shucks!!)!

Ok soooooo......how did I start talking about babies and then get on a Pottery Barn ramble?? Oh Ya.....back to Olioboard....Its a cool website that allows you to design moodboards such as interior design and fashion!! I have been making moodboards since junior high (the old fashioned way by cutting pictures our of magazines and gluing them into a notebook) but this is my first official moodboard online and I am ADDICTED!!!
Here she blows: Nautical meets Preppy.........meets Horses?!?!?
Boy nursery

I know that when the time comes to decorate a sweet baby boy's nursery I want it to look preppy and nautical..... kinda like Ralph Lauren Polo (um ya I just made that up....I dont know what Im doing)!! I would also like it to be basic enough that with the switch of some accessories (like a diaper changer and rocking chair) it will grow with the baby into teenagehood!!

Here is what I'm thinking:

Color scheme:  Navy, crisp white, sand, and reds have appealed to me for the color scheme!! I love the idea of wainscoting on the bottom and a navy paint color on the top!! Also adding pops of red throughout the room with furniture accessories and art (which could always be switched out with orange come football season (GO BEARS!)!  A jute rug in a sandy color would give the room texture and a natural organic look!!

Furniture:  I like the idea of mix and matched furniture scattered around the room it gives more character!! Therefore a dark chocolate colored crib with a white dresser allows the room to look a bit more interesting and less monotone.

Accessories and Lighting:  Going with the whole Polo vibe I love the idea of a horse theme!! Its actually a big trend I'm seeing allot in stores lately (or maybe thats just me?)!! How adorable is the little rocking horse and that sweet horse pillow?!?!  Also, the lamp that resembles a lantern would tie into the room just perfectly!!

This is the artwork (from the Pottery Barn Gods.......but is not available anymore :-( ) is what inspired the whole look and mood for the room before anything else!! I plan on DIY'ing it myself by using some wood pallets (that my husband can get from work) a horse stencil and some paint.
View Image


So what did you think of the whole nautical meets preppy room??  Any horse lovers out there?? Any one so type A that they are planning their unborn child's nursery already (Guilty!!)?  Or maybe there is someone out there that would like to go to a meeting with me (addicted to Pottery Barn Anonymous......I know there are more of you out there......I hope!!)?  Lastly but not leastly would anyone like seeing more moodboards on this blog.......leave in the comments below|!!!

A bit moody but in a good way,
xoxo Joanna D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...