Monday, July 18, 2011

Fit for a Fairy

Wanna see my moodboard fit for a girls nursery????  Was that a No?? Well that's too bad because I'm going to show you anyway!!

Remember this post about the "nautical meets preppy meets horse theme" moodboard I whipped up for a boy's nursery........if not go ahead and take a look because it is Awesome?!?!

The girls nursery is a bit brighter and less neutral and safe with pops of bold colors in hot pink and turquoise!! I would describe this room as whimsical and fairy like.........just what I would imagine my little girl to be like!! I could see this room grow with her as she grows!!! Again I mixed and matched furniture to give the room more character and interest and I really like the way it turned out!!

Whimsical and fairy like:
(oh and if you like something on this board and would like to know where to purchase it.......Click => HERE!! It will take you to my all of my olioboards!!)

girls nursery



Color scheme:  Turquoise and hot pink is what I'm loving right now but I would make them muted throughout the room with just some key pieced that would be extra fun and bright!! Also the colors from the comforter above (with the dandelions) such as soft yellows, pinks, and purples would be scattered throughout the room to give more interest!!

Furniture: I chose the same arm chair that I had in my boys nursery moodboard!! I figure that's one piece that will have to be neutral and versatile so that it can work in many rooms in the house later down the road........ however you can drape a fun bright blanket over the top or add a pretty pillow to make it give it more personality!! Also a white crib would be great to balance out the chair in the room!! Now this is the fun part..........I love with a capital LOVE this HOT PINK nightstand!!!  I feel every room has an inspiring piece that sets the mood for the whole room........and this is it!!! I'm sure I can recreate it on the cheap with a thrifted nightstand and some really fun and bright paint!!

Art:  The little nicknack's such as the ceramic owl is what makes this room more whimsical as well as the owl art and owl bookends!! Of course I would scatter these pieces tastefully because you don't want it to be filled with hundreds of owl stuff (don't want my child at 13 to be deathly afraid of owls because they've staring at her all of her life)!!  I also love this tree decal that I would put either by the crib or by the reading nook with the armchair.........too adorable!!

That's what I'm feeling for a girls nursery that I would like to recreate (someday)!!! Its fun, bold, and enchanting but not too over the top!!
Any owl lovers out there (I love them and see them in my day to day life allot!! Not sure if that's a good or bad thing!!)?  What about that bold, bright, obnoxious (in a good way) nightstand.......anyone recreate one using another color?? I'm really loving this olioboard website and hope you are too (I'm not affiliated with them in any way just loving their website and the mastermind who came up with it.....Genius)!!

Fit for a fairy,
xoxo Joanna D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...