Thursday, July 14, 2011

Oops I did it again

Mmmmkay.......On a  recent trip to Madison (WI) right before going to Rhythm and Booms we were able to sneak in a bit of shopping!! Well if you consider Sam's Club and Staples shopping.......yawn!!  However next to the Staples store was my beloved Goodwill.......I literally walked in feelin a bit like Forest Gump and the phrase "You never know whatya ganna get" was repeating over and over in my head (maybe that's just me....I don't know)!!

I sure do love a good bargain and Goodwill is the store I go to get my fix!!! I literally had like ten minutes to go in, find my little treasures, and get out...because the boys were next door buying some boring computer paper or something like that!!

Here is what I had stacked up in my own two hands before they walked in and told me I had to check out (such party poopers I swear......I was just getting started too!!):

Ok so the first thing I found was this fleur di lis sculpture that I decided I just HAD to have it!! Its a bit oversized and obnoxious but bought it anyway!! It reminded me of something West Elm or my beloved Pottery Barn would sell and decided it may work well on a big book shelf or something!! If not, oh well it was a few dollars anyway!!


Next up are these fun Horse book ends.  If you read my moodboard-post a few days ago you know that it would really tie into the "horse...polo...nautical" theme that I'm going for......not just in a nursery but throughout the house too!! I will have to give them a quick touch up with spray paint.....maybe navy or red!! Time will tell.....but as always I will keep y'all posted!!



Moving along....I found this oversized basket!! Partly because I was too tired of holding everything and needed to get a bit strategic if I was going to buy more stuff!! I love it though..........it would look good sitting on a coffee table or on the kitchen island where you can contain all of your items in one place!!  I'm sure it will come in handy someday!




This item is a bit strange because.....what use do I have for a single fake pear?!?! Well first off it soooo looks like it could be sold at Pottery Barn (maybe it was?!?!)......and I figured it would look great sitting on top of some stacked books on a book shelf or desktop. I may be totally wrong but I just felt like it was too cute to pass up!!


Keeping in with the "book shelf" theme I also found these pineapple bookends that I am going to spray paint (someday!)!! I guess I should just refrain from buying anymore bookends!!  I'm booked in that department (haha pun!)!



and I just wanted to show you my Marshall's find on a previous trip because it is way too cute not to:



Its a cow milk creamer "pourer outer" haha!! I just had to have it!!

I cannot wait until we move out into our first home so that I can start decorating with these little treasures of mine.  They've been piling up in the corner of my closet and pretty soon our room will be closing in on us (perhaps we can start our own Goodwill store....HA!)! 

So do any of you shop at Goodwill or thrift stores and find yourselves some fun little treasures?? Anyone have a bookend obsession (apparently I do)?? Maybe you just can't stop giggling at the cow creamer (love funny things like that......but will totally be functional I'm sure!)??

You just never know what ya ganna get,
xoxo Joanna D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...