Monday, December 5, 2011

Technically It's Still Fall Ya'll

So technically it is still Fall!!

Technically December 22 is when Winter officially starts.......technically........but we all know we've been in the Christmas/Holiday mood since the day after Halloween! So I still have some time to post this.....which makes me feel a bit better!

It's just a recap of our Fall weekend I wanted to share before I start to forget what life is like before (that scary four letter word) SNOW......and of course before I start posting about all my Christmas decor and the 11 inch snow storm that is bound to happen sooner than we can say......WTF (I live in Wisconsin......trust me it will happen.......and continue to happen well into March)!!

Lets just hope I can get around to posting Christmas stuff.......well before Christmas (not promising anything!).

Every Fall we usually plan a day where we go to the apple orchard!
Whats Fall without the smell of crisp caramel apples and pumpkin spice yumminess??  
The spot where we get this delicious Autumny fix is Ski-Hi!! 




The apples are not necessarily what makes this trip worthwhile.......although there apple fritters are really really good......it's actually the cherry jam that is to die for here (I shmear a little on my toast in the morning and I'm one happy girl)!!



This year was extra fun!!
We had family drive up from Illinois to hang out for the weekend!!  



You could probably guess why this place is called Ski-Hi (Ski pronounced "sky")! The view is just that amazing......although I wish we would have gone when the leaves were all sorts of different beautiful colors!!  You could just imagine what that would have looked like.






We walked away with some goodies in hand and then headed off to our next Fall destination........

(this is our little cousin Madison......she's super cool and fun......AND growing up way too fast!!)

.....................the Pumpkin Patch!!




They had soooooo many......


..............in all sorts of different colors!!




 The most pumpkins I've ever seen at a patch!! If we cant see colorful leaves.......we must see colorful pumpkins!!


Which was a good thing because we were on a mission........a mission to find a pretty white pumpkin!!




They also had a fun-house type play area for the kiddos.  You can see it from the road when you drive by.  Every time we do I always turn to 2hotty and tell him we need to go there one year (actually its more like slapping him across the shoulder as I stare and point yelling "HUNNY stop the car........I want to go in.....NOW")


So this was the year where I thought I would finally have a chance to go in!! 
Ya not really......just one problem......you had to pay.  Which isn't exactly a real problem but I didn't want to fork over the money just to go in and snap one lousy picture!!   I don't remember the exact amount but I remember thinking it was kinda pricey and a waste of money!!

You see that pumpkin house way in the back.......ya it looks way "awesomer" from the side of the road......and I've always wanted a picture in front of it!!
I was kinda bummed......Oh well!!


So while Madison and her mom went in.......we roamed around and stuffed our faces with apple cider doughnuts!!

The gift shop had a bee hive that just gave me the heebeejeeBEE's (PUN).......all I could picture in my head is this thing shattering on the floor......


........allowing all these bees to do what they are meant to do.....STING!!  Knowing me I probably wouldn't run but rather stand there like an idiot snapping pictures!! 

Can you spot Mrs. Queen Bee???


With the ticket that you purchase to get into the play area you also get a ticket to go on the hayride!!
To my surprise Madison picked me to go with.......well it was me or 2hotty and after "inny minny monny moing" it I was the chosen one (haha 2hotty....I'm just way cooler than you'll ever be)!!



I kinda have an obsession with these creatures...............they're Beautiful!!  When and if we ever have a little boy some day, his nursery will be horse themed!!


I now know partly why it is that she picked me to go with........


......it was the perfect opportunity to ask me about a certain (ahem...Barbie computer game...ahem) we played last year and was too shy to say anything in front of everyone!!  She wanted to play it again this year!


and partly because I was the one with a big black camera in my face.......can we say "perfect photo-op". (which reminds me that I have to send her parents these pictures!!)






 I could not believe all of the kins they had growing........


........ they all seemed so perfectly round, succulent, and bright orange!!!
However its the white ones that we were looking for!!


On our way back there was that darn pumpkin house again!!



Wanna know why we were looking for white pumpkins..........



 .......because Hello Kitty is white and I don't think she would have appreciated an orange (or blue.....or orange and white....or green.....or etc...) pumpkin for a head!!
 Speaking of not appreciating things.......little Max did not appreciate having this on his head:



He pawed it off.......


........and proceeded to chew it!!




Doesn't he make the cutest Witch........I mean Wizard?!?!?


Awww......he makes me melt into a puddle every time!!

That was our wonderful Fall weekend! Better late then never......right?!?!? 

I feel like our Fall this year was complete and cant (but will) wait to do it all over again next year!!  It's the small things like crisp Fall days, the smell of apple cider, fun (but not free) pumpkin houses, friends and family, and giggling over witch-hat wearing pets that are the BIG memories I cherish and hold on to and keep me going year after year!! I'm so thankful for this little blog of my for allowing me to document these beautiful memories!!  Now I officially cannot wait for Christmas!!

p.s. We had our first official party with our friends and family over the weekend and it was super fun!!  I can't wait to share it with you soon!
xo Joanna D.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...