Monday, November 28, 2011

Switcharoo!!

The room in the house that we plan to focus on first is the family room!! 

Right now it looks a bit like this:



Yes I know.......it looks more awkward than Lindsey Lohans little sister's new face job (what was she thinking?!!?!)!  I guess she wanted to look more European?!?!


Right now we have a WAY over sized couch sectional in there (which is getting the boot to the basement after we buy a much smaller new couch), we are using the end table as a make-shift TV stand, the two light fixtures (that look like giant hanging boobs on the ceiling) belong in a dining room or something to that extent (just not mine....mmkay).......


.........and the 1970's called and they want their wood paneling back!!!! Its totally needing a MAJOR overhaul (apparently Ali thought the same thing about her face!!) and we need to tend to its every needs!! 

Insert Mr. PiggyBank here!!

New couch
New tv console
New window treatments
New flooring
NEW EVERYTHING!!!

But before I start spending my 2hottys OUR pennies on demo projects and large pieces of furniture I need a vision!!

Don't want to end up with an awkward looking living room.....you know unlike...ahem...Ali...ahem!!

That is exactly when I logged into my Olioboard account.  I love this website......I find so many cool things (usually things I'll only be able to afford in my dreams.......I guess I like to dream allot!!)!!  Since I don't have photoshop........I rely on this website to show me what exactly it is that I'm envisioning just to make sure that everything flows and nothing is too matchy matchy or vice versa.

This is what I quickly came up with:  New hard wood flooring, two layered rugs for texture and warmth, tv stand with matching bookshelves for added storage, bamboo roman shades, a neutral couch, a armchair in a fun but neutral design, end table, and added accessories to personalize the room!! PHEW.....we have a long ways to go!!

Family Room Spring

The walls are already painted a blueish color with white crown molding..........


..........and the end table (can barely see in picture way above.....sorry) will remain in there as well. BTW I scored it at Goodwill for 30 bucks.......Its LANE.......Ya google lane furniture end tables and check out the $$$$!! Winner winner chicken dinner is what I was singing all the way home!!

We've already picked out a couch from Ashley Furniture:
It's neutral.....microswede.....and in our price range!! Nothing fancy for this room.......just need something to comfort the tush as 2hotty plays his video games and I spend endless of hours on this dang computer!!

Sofa

I find that this color scheme could work all year round too!! Every changing season is covered by just simply doing a quick switcharoo with items such as pillows, throws, rugs, etc.!!

Fall: Navy and Orange LOVE!
Family Room- Fall

Winter: Bright Green and Red LOVE!


winter
Summer: Navy and yellow LOVE!
Family Room

Click HERE if you would like to see where the items come from.  It will direct you to my Olioboard page!  The items are NOT really in my budget but rather just act as stand-ins to bring the whole room into perspective (and inspiration to me to later find cheaper knock offs at stores such as Tarjey and Goodwill!!)

So whatdya guys think about........Ali's plastic surgery, the family room setup, the colorsheme, boob lighting (I hate them!)!  I hope it will all work (crossing my fingers and toes!)!
xoxo Joanna D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...