Friday, December 9, 2011

Let's Get Personal!

No I am not here to talk about how many times I go to the bathroom, when its my time of the month (although you will know it if you hang out with me), or how many times 2hotty and I........................OKAY............ya I am not here to share my personal business with you today!! 
No this is actually a Christmas decor post.........believe in Santa or not!!!

Yes I want to show you how to quickly personalize your stockings without the trouble of having them embroidered:

Once again I logged into my PINTEREST account and saw this:

Pinned Image
SOURCE: IF YOU CLICK HERE YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED AT WHAT YOU SEE!!!
It knocked my SOCKS off (PUN!).....and all the way to the laundry basket!!!!!!
I love everything about it! The burlap makes me week in the knees!!
Now I SO want a sewing machine so I can make me some..........except I have my mom who is the master of sewing (I get my DIY Martha craftness from her!)!

But one thing I love about this picture was how she personalized the stockings.

That's when I dug through our Christmas bin and found our mismatched stockings, some left over ribbon and ornaments (I love leftovers....they're FREE), and shimmied my way to the store to find me some glittered letters!!

I loved the glittered letters from Walmart, but they did not carry the letter "J"!!

I bought the "D" to use on my wreath:


Are you kidding me Walmart.......there are lots of people with the name that starts with a "J"!!
John.....Joseph.....Jennifer.....Jessica........JOANNA!!!

So I hit up there competitor.......Target.....and lucky for me found both an "S" and a "J"!!

I love the way they turned out!!  Gives it that special homemade touch.


And it took all but two minutes to do:



We do have a fireplace but its one of those cast iron "old fashioned" ones.......therefore NO mantel!


So I hung em' up on the wall in our entryway!!
It works for now (considering we didn't have anything to put there anyway!)
I'm thinking a large mirror and a cute dresser will take its place after the holidays?!?!?
What do you think?!?!


We always fight for the "tree" stocking!!
I think because its newer and prettier!!
I accidentally put the letter "S" on it without thinking! 
Not intentionally......trust me...... I really wanted it to be mine this year!!

But now that I think about it the "tree" stocking really suits Scotty and the snowflake really suits me!

The tree is tall, strong, and structured!!
It is comforting (animals find a home in trees) and is very useful (he's my go to guy with all things electronics and handyman with all things that require a hammer!!)!!
Oh and the green "money" stuff comes from a tree........just like it does from my 2hotty!!


As for the snowflake........well I'm kinda flaky and well.......one of a kind!!
Nuf' said!!



Sorry to burst your bubble (or snowflake) if you were expecting me to spill all of my secrets about my personal life (I'll save you the trouble of bleeding ears eyes!)!!

Now go back to work.....or whatever it is that you were doing and when you get home (or if your already at home) go and get you some initial letters and personalize your stockings......you know just in case Santa gets confused and gives someone else your presents!!
THAT WOULD BE TERRIBLE!!!

xo Joanna D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...