Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Classy Woodland Tablescape

So last time I left you off with a centerpiece I made (pretty much FREE) out of branches (2hotty so obediently fetched for me. HA!) and spare ornaments.......................




.........................and then at the end of the post I was thinking of moving it to the kitchen table 
to use as the centerpiece of a tablescape!!



Well I did just that!!
I rummaged throughout the house to find items to add to the table and I managed to create an elegant yet bright tablescape!

TaDa!!

(sorry I took these pics later at night and not during the day (like the photos above) so there is a difference in lighting!)


You likey?!?!
 I love it!!
I don't think my pictures do it justice though! 

So want to know how I achieved this look?!?!
 I first added a long full length mirror as the base of my centerpiece!! (Tablescapes are all about layering and adding short and tall pieces together! Well I think.....I really don't know what I'm talking about!)  Then I added the branch arrangement as the eye-catching, showstopping, "first thing you see when you look at it" to the center of the table!  Next I just added a few candle holders such as these:



I just used some left over yarn from my YARN WREATH project to use around the candle votive (not permanent just taped the yarn to the bottom) and added a leftover sparkly ornament to the front.


I didn't think my drift-wood reindeer would work for the look I was going for (maybe another tablescape using him?!?!)...................


........so I added these deer candle holders I found at the thrift store (two sets at two different thrift stores......how ironic!) a few months back! 

 

I love them.....they look so graceful and I love how the mirror shows their reflection (it adds more sparkle and substance!):


They didn't always look this glamorous!!  Actually they looked like they came from the Jersey Shore!
They were gold and gaudy (and I think one of them even had a pickle in its mouth! HA!):

(this picture does not even show just how gold they once really were)

So I took them outside to give them a "spray tan".......to take them from the gaudyish gold Snooki look to more of a sun kissed bronze Victoria Secret model look!


I used this stuff......it's great:


Oh ya so back to my tablescape:



To finish off the look I added a silver charger underneath my blue plates with a wine glass next to it.  Then I wrapped a green napkin with a fork and a knife into a white napkin ring embellished with a sparkly snowflake ornament to complete the look!



(Disclaimer: the napkin is actually some left over fleece I used on my wreath project.  I am going to make my own napkins with remnant fabric.....I just haven't had a change to do it yet!! Please forgive me!)

So that's it!
My elegant yet bright tablescape using all of the colors from the Bronze, Green, and Blue theme I had going on this year!!

I used everything I already owned like the mirror.

See it really is a mirror.....see my reflection:



It belongs in this room:


Specifically on this wall:


It's the room I named the "diva headquarters" and it is next on my (never ending) to do list!!  It will pretty much be my office/dressing/makeup room and I CANNOT WAIT to finish it!! I'm just waiting for the holidays to come and go.  Can you believe Christmas is only 11 days away!!!  11 days PEOPLE!!  I think I'm going to faint.  I have like nothing done yet!! Christmas cards still need to be mailed......heck Christmas cards still need to be taken!!  I guess I'll just blame it on the house......it's really keepin us busy!!!

xo Joanna D.

So what "Christmasy/Holiday" things have you been working on lately?!?!  I hope I'm not the only tardy one on the Christmas card to-do list!!  Any questions.....leave it in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...