Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Gettin Wreathy With It

on your mark ready set let's go
CRAFT floor pro I know you know
I go psycho when my new WREATH hit
just can't sit
gotta get WREATHY wit it

Who's still with me.......or did ya'll click out because I love me some Will Smith and changed up his lyrics to gettin "wreathy" with it vs. gettin "jiggy" with it?!?!?
(Ya right I saw you over there with your knee jumping up and and down and snappin your fingers while swayin your head from side to side......and you know it!!)

Alright enough of this nonsense lets get to the point of this post!!
So I made a wreath last week!
It's nothing original........I'm sure you've all seen something similar before!
I found a whole bunch of different ones on Pinterest that I pinned to my Christmas board.

Here are the ones I'm diggin:

Pinned Image
SOURCE

Pinned Image
SOURCE


Pinned Image
SOURCE

These are more Fall looking but I love them none the less:

Pinned Image
SOURCE


SOURCE: CLICK HERE FOR A FULL TUTORIAL ON HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN!!! IT'S WHERE I WENT

Now here is the one I made:


This is my color scheme this year: Blue, Green, Silver/White, and Brown!



The letter "D" for our last name....Dobosz!


Actually it's really not that "Christmasy" at all.......I can really use it all year round....which is what I'm planning to do!!



I also made two "mini-me's":



I made my own Christmas card holder by just hanging a long strand of ribbon on the wall and then added two mini wreaths at the ends for some pizazz:



 It was pretty much FREE to make (I love FREE!):



Our Christmas card from last year...........which reminds me.....I need to get crackin on those ASAP!!



I painted some clothes pins a sparkly blue but now I really want to make some chevron or polka dot ones like these:

SOURCE
Aren't they cute or what.......maybe next year!!!


The wreaths I posted above run about $30 on etsy.  I don't have $30 to spend on a wreath......maybe 30 doll hairs (heck I don't even know if I have that!) so I figured I'd try to make my own!!

THAT'S WHEN I WENT TO THE THRIFT STORE!!

They had the wreath forms for really really cheap.......I was able to make all 3 wreaths for around $10 with some scrap material left over to use for another project!!  That's $20 I saved and have in my pocket to use towards something else...........WaHoo!

JUST A WARNING: It does take a bit of time!  Winding the yarn around the wreath form alone takes about an hour (I didn't really keep track....but now I wish I did!) and then cutting and making the flowers takes also about another hour or so!!  So if you have more money than time than etsy is the place to go but if you don't have a life like me (insert loud laughter here) than you should go ahead and get wreathy with it just like I did!! I think I might make some as Christmas gifts too (insert even a louder laugh here)!



who's the kid in the drop
who else Joanna D.......

Gettin Wreathy With It

Na na na na na na NA!!

Peace.....I'm out Yo!

6 comments:

  1. Your wreath and your minis are so awesome!! I see a lot of wreaths on blogs and pinterest but these are some of the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks!!! I want to make em all!! xo JD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nooooo...thanks for getting Will Smith stuck in my head! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol....here's another one: Now here's a story all about how my life........ok ill save you the headache!!! Thanks for dropping by. xo JD

    ReplyDelete
  5. By thrift store, do you mean Goodwill or something like that? I usually get mine at Michael's with a 40% off coupon, but now that you showed me those minis, I may have to add those to the list! Luuckily, the extruded ones are not that expensive. I just made one for our house, making one for my parents and FIL, but I do love the idea of some minis...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just happened to stop at my local St. Vinni's one day and they had a whole bunch of wreath forms in the Christmas section. I paid like 1 or 2 $ for all three. Some had bows and flowers on them.......but you can just take them off.....mine happened to be brand spankin new so that was a bonus!!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...