Thursday, December 8, 2011

Aint No Party Like An Ugly Xmas Sweater Party!

Gosh I don't even know where to start with this one........the pictures just crack me up......so it's going to be a long one!!

This year 2hotty and I bought a house (if you didn't know that by now).......our first house......that we are so desperately trying to make into a fun and loving HOME!!

In my book there is only one way to do that........fill it with the people you LOVE!!

So we threw a party for some of our closest friends and family.

Not just any kind of party............it was an ugly Christmas sweater party!! 

I've ALWAYS wanted to throw one........and this was our chance!!



We wanted everyone to have fun, let loose, go wild, and just really be themselves.......kinda like this:



HAHA.......I'm so in trouble after the hubs sees this!! I wonder how long it'll take before he says something......Maybe he should read my blog more frequently......just sayin :-) 

We had a lot of fun dressing up and so did all of our friends and family.......it made me really HAPPY!!

My bro and SIL:

friend Chris:

The girls touchin up their makeup and puffing up their bouffants......80's style!!


Bro, SIL, and my nephew Nathaniel all dressed up to partay!

I don't think he's diggin the ugly sweater though:


The FUNNIEST Christmas hat ever.........It moves and makes "boing" noises and looks like something very inappropriate if you know what I mean:

Nathaniel was SO mesmerized:


friends Patrick and Amanda:

His outfit cracked me up:



Patrick's mom Barb on the left and my MIL on the right:


cousin Joanna and her daughter Veronika:


Even my brothers dog, Gizmo, wore an ugly sweater:

 
My brothers sweater totally screams: "I'm from Harvard and like to sip on scotch while hanging at the ski lodge all day":

Speaking of  sipping on Scotch.......we had allot of yummy drinks.  Have you tried Smirnoff's Marshmallow and Whip Cream Vodka?!?!  We got some.......they're both delicious:

We followed the recipes that I found in one of my magazines.  We used the marshmallow one with chocolate liquor to make it taste like a smore.......so so good I highly recommend it!



The food was delish too:


 



I even found this Ugly Sweater Coffee.......it's actually REALLY good and I'm going back to Home Goods to buy more:


Some "ugly" Christmas decor (totally made the house look like a frat party)............

........and some bumpin music that are friend kindly provided:


But wanna know what REALLY made the party.........this thing:



This my friends is a SHOT SKI!!!  Literally.  A ski with 3 shot glasses glued to it!!

This is where the pictures crack me up!!  I want to post them all but there are WAY to many!!




Ya the first shot is always the hardest............


It should really be called a "FUN SKI"!!
I did that all night......add a "ski" at the end of each word such as "I'm so doneski" or "Do you want some moreski"!!! I'm such a dork.......a dorkski!!

Here is my first tryski with the shotski:




Needless to say, I had allot of fun with the shot ski and so did everyone else!

And they're offski............






ONE........

........TWO

.....THREE!!

and another roundski:


We drank homemade apple pie BTW.......It was the BESTski!!


HAHA what's wrong boys?!?!

That's my mother in law in the middle.......she gave it a go.......it was awesome!!



and so did my FIL:


This was the best though:

My aunt apparently didn't know the fundamentals of how to drink out of a shot ski:


It spilled all over the floor!!
What a wasteski.......LOL:


This cracks me up!! That's my mom in the middle.  She isn't a natural blonde.......but she should be!!


She was taking medicine so she couldn't drink that night. 
We wanted her to get in on all the fun so we filled her shot with water:

Apparently it didn't taste like water?!?! 
Like I said......she's totally a blonde!!


HA was that good?!?!





This is the only way you can get both my brothers and me to bond these days:

Even Baby Nate Dog wanted in on all the fun:

JUST KIDDIN!!
Then for some reason the scissors came out..............

................and this is what started to happen:

I guess he taught it was a Redneck Xmas Sweater Party:

Officially taken the prize of BEST outfit of the night:

I guess we can blame in on all the SHOTSKI's!!


The boys watched the UW Badgers beat Michigan State!!
Way to go Badgers now lets kick some BUTTski at the Rose Bowl!!
GO BUCKY!

Oh and we had a lil dance off too.........




Baby V was all smiles:

Not sure what we were tryin to do here.........



..........but I'm sure we thought we looked sexy doing it!! HA!

So that was our Ugly Christmas Sweater Partyski........It was awesomeski.......and cant wait for our next shin digski!!

What shall it be?!?!?
Maybe a White Trash Bash?!?!
Who's bringin the six pack and growing out a mullet?!?
 
Oh and a quick photo op with the mini's for the moms to look at:
 
Kisses for Momma:
 

This was interesting!!
Not only did we have to get all three of them to sit still but we also had to yell and make funny noises and faces at them so they would all look into the camera:
 


This is the best I could get...........

 
...........and then it all went down hill from here:
 





 
HAHA!!
 
I had a great time!!
I hope everyone did too!!
 
xoxo Joanna D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...