Monday, December 12, 2011

Free Branches......Get Your Free Branches!!

"Free Branches".......Come get your "Free Branches"!!

Hot off the press tree!!

Read all about it!!

So wanna know why I'm talking about tree branches?!?!

Well a few weeks ago (the day after Thanksgiving when we took out all of our Christmas decor to be more specific) I made 2hotty fetch me a few sticks!!  And like a good doggy husband he obeyed!!

I wanted to use this big glass vase I bought at Goodwill (over the summer) for something this holiday season!!



First I figured I'd fill her up with ornaments and that would be the end of it!  But then I thought how BORING........besides it would take a whole lotta ornaments to fill er' up (she's voluptuous and curvy......Kinda like them Kardashians) and I needed to use most of 'em for my tree!!  So I put on my thinking cap!!  The cap told me I had NO MONEY (UGH! Don't you just hate that?!?!)........which meant I needed this project to be FREE!!  You know me......I love all things where I don't have to spend any of my precious dollhairs (cause that doll is lookin pretty bald these days)!!

So this is what my thinking cap came up with:


Now she's got some "junk in her trunk" (Get it: Branches.......Trunk!  Kinda Punny?!?!?!):


I added a big bow in my color scheme to the glass jar (again left over ribbon that I bought 75% off last year):


A real raindeer antler (2hotty found on my parents land last year) to give it that rustic, organic touch (that I love so much):


Some left over ornaments:


Isn't he the cutest (also bought on clearance from Target last year):


Right now I put this cute branch arrangement in the corner of the living room (it's pretty much an empty room the rest of the year):


For now it fills up the space (kinda) until I can find some chairs or furniture to add there!

I'm thinking I want to move it to the kitchen table for a fun holiday tablescape!

 Sorta like this:


 So maybe I'll have another post this week showing you what I came up with! 
Now I just need to have a little scavenger hunt around the house to find items to complete the look:



Oh and iron the heck outta of the tablecloth too!

Maybe I'll include this drift-wood reindeer (I found him at Marshall's) somewhere to add to the whole rustic look:



Who knows......I might just hate it and nix the whole idea all together!!

This holiday season we set a self-proclaimed budget because knowing me and how I act when I go through the Christmas isles of Target (like the proverbial kid in a candy store!!) we would never buy the things we actually NEED!!  As most of you all know (well like the 3 of you! HA!) we just bought a house (our first house) this year (it's been 2 months already) which means we have like zero furniture (all are mostly hammy downs). Therefore, we are trying our best to save any spare change that comes outta the sofa cushions (wait a minute we don't even have a sofa) to spend on things such as a new couch, entertainment center, and blinds!!  If you are in the same boat (or sleigh.....it is Christmas time after all) as I am......then I would definitely recommend hitting up your local thrift stores and thinking outside the box just like I did!! Besides it is so self-rewarding thinking you did it all by yourself instead of just going out and buying it for a heck of allot more (trust me....rewind a year back and I would definitely be that gal)!!

xo Joanna D.

Any of you create something this holiday season using zero Washingtons, Lincolns, Hamiltons......heck even Benjamins (Isn't it such a sweet feeling!)!?!?!?! What's your color scheme this year......I'm already looking for new theme ideas for next year (this mind of mine never rests......it's like a hamster on a hamster wheel......always turnin!)!!  Any owl and reindeer lovers (I love those little guys!)?!?!  Spill all of your holiday beans in the comments below!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You are a Christmas crafting genius! So glad I found your project via Centsational Girl.

    Please stop by for a visit to my blog. I am currently in the midst of a Gifts to Make series.

    Be Merry and Bright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Laura.......I'm a beginner.....not as good of a crafter as you are!!

    I love your repurposed book idea using old childrens books! I think I'm going to try and make one for my nephew's first birthday.....maybe as a photo album?!?!

    Thanks for the great idea!

    xo Joanna D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joanna, you put a lot of effort into making that lovely tree decoration. You say you aren't much good at crafts, but I see that you have the natural talent to put together something very unique. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You so much Chris!!! I'll def. stop by!!!
    xo Joanna D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that centerpiece; I love aqua decorations and a bit in my own decor too. Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...