Sunday, August 7, 2011

Wedding Week: Present Time

I can't stand it anymore.  Looking at pictures of my wedding day and reminiscing about it has turned me into a teary-eyed mess.  All the blood, sweat, and tears that it took to lead up to our BIG day and then poof it was gone so quickly.  It's not fair!! Therefore, I am skipping a few posts for now so that I can show you what 2hotty and I gifted each other on our 4th wedding anniversary this year !!!!  But first let me give you the down low (or the low down) on how we celebrated our previous anniversaries so far!! 

1ST ANNIVERSARY: PAPER

After some google searching and finding out that paper is the traditional gift to give on your first wedding anniversary....... I was a bit stumped.  I'm not going to lie I was a bit disappointed!! Paper is really not what I had in mind......a nice diamond encrusted necklace would have been more up my alley.  Which makes me wonder, "who was the brains behind the traditional gift giving guide anyway?"  Ahem......probably a guy!! OK let me move on before I get a Xbox controller thrown at me!!
2hotty and I did decide that we would take our first "out of state" vacation as a married couple to no other place but the happiest place on earth............DISNEY WORLD!!!  (I decided along time ago that I wanted to do this before having any kids.......so this was our chance!!!)  You may be wondering how does the traditional gift of paper tie in with Mickey Mouse and the Seven Dwarfs?!?!?!
Well we did need airline tickets to get there didn't we?!?!  And what are the tickets made of?!?!................PAPER!!! WaHoooo we were going to DISNEY WORLD!!



By Far


my favorite



vacation yet!!!


2ND ANNIVERSARY: COTTON

The second year's gift was in the form of a trip too!! We headed back to the same place we called home for a week during our honeymoon!! Door County, WI.  Even though it's in the same state we live in, it totally feels like we are somewhere far far away!!  This place takes me to a zen state of mind where I leave all my troubles at home and have no worries the whole time I am there!  And since COTTON was the traditional gift that year.............Ashbrooke hotel's Egyptian COTTON sheets are what keeps us coming back for more!!



It is luxury and comfort at its finest and I truly have a hard time getting out of bed each morning!! (I know the room decor can throw you off a bit, but trust me it is probably one of the (if not THE) best bed I've ever slept in!!)



Oh and they provide these COTTON robes too!! Double wammy........boo ya!!


Cotton never looked so good!!!  

3RD ANNIVERSARY: LEATHER

For the life of me I can't remember what we did for our 3rd wedding anniversary.  I do know that I was way too busy planning 2hotty's 30th birthday party that year (his birthday is the day after our anniversary) so that is probably where we got sidetracked.  It took up allot of our time and money so I'm sure a getaway was not really an option at the time!!  But I do remember the gift I presented (hehe!) him with! 
Since his birthday was golf themed and he was getting all new equipment..........I knew that he would be needing a pair of new golf shoes as well............perhaps LEATHER golf shoes?!?! (well I'm not quite sure if they are real LEATHER but hey that is OK with me...........I think of leather when I see them.....so it totally counts!!!).





4TH ANNIVERSARY: FRUITS OR FLOWERS

Um ya..........Hello!!! How am I suppose to work with this!! I think my husband would have the strangest look on his face (it would probably look like Joan Rivers.......you know.....no expression at all!!) if I gave him a bouquet of flowers and a basket full of fruit and said "HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BABE"!! I'm not saying that men don't enjoy these things..........it's just MY man wouldn't really enjoy it!! So I put my thinking cap on!!
I decided that the way to my husbands heart is through food (isn't it for most men?!?) so I baked him a little somethin somethin.

Fruit Pizza is what I came up with:


I also shaped some of the fruit to look like flowers!!  TaaDaa..........fruit and flowers in the form of a fruit pizza!! 
Am I good or what?!!?!


But wait that's not all!!

I couldn't just gift my husband a fruit pizza and call it a day......no sirree!! After a bit of google searching........ again..........I read somewhere that a Book was the modern gift approach!!  Which don't get me wrong........wasn't too exciting either!!
I don't find 2hotty reading anything but golf magazines these days!!

That is until I found this book:


Oh Yeah.......ding ding ding ding ding!! I won the jackpot!!! You see beer is another way to my husbands precious little heart (there are many others but I would say beer is one of his top 10)!! He lurves it!!  Did I mention we live in Wisconsin?!?!? Well we do........and we are a BEER loving state!! Give him a brat, some ice-cold beer and throw him on a fishing boat all day long...............HE WILL BE ONE DRUNK  HAPPY CAMPER!!

So I decided to surprise 2hotty this year and take him on a little Anniversary Adventure the weekend before our real anniversary (that way we could celebrate his birthday the next weekend).

Which I will have to wait and share in a different post some other time because this one is getting to be way too long.


Until then.....tell me: What did you do on your anniversary?!?  I'm always looking for new ideas!  Do you take on the more traditional approach or are you on the modern gift giving/receiving bandwagon?? I personally am a traditionalist ( Fruit pizza and all!!)!   What was your favorite gift that you received (or vice versa)?  Oh heck it doesn't even have to be anniversary related............any favorite gift will do.......because I'm nosey like that!! Your comments make me HAPPY.......like Disney World Happy.....So dont hold back!!

Present Time (literally!),
xoxo Joanna D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...