Saturday, August 6, 2011

Wedding Week: The Look

Welcome back to wedding week..........I'm so happy you came back for some more wedding goodness!!

I know....I know.......you have to bare with me as I only have a few more wedding week recaps left!! (see how we met HERE and how he put a ring on it HERE!)

So let's talk about the whole wedding party look shall we.........starting with the BRIDE......Oh wait that's me!!

On my wedding day I wore a Simone Carvalli wedding gown from the Fall 2007 collection. At first I thought of the famous designer Roberto Cavalli and knew I had to try it on even though he had nothing to do with this dress. Cavalli.....Carvalli.....Tomato......Tamato......same difference no?!?!

As soon as I tried the dress on I knew that it was "THE ONE".  It felt so right (but it felt so wrong). It had everything that I was looking for: the sweetheart neckline, some beading and crystals on the top but not too much, straps to support the lady lumps, and a slimming middle to disguise the not so lovely love handles (why do they call them that.......I don't love them by any means!).

I knew I was taking her home as soon as the waterworks came pouring down and my mom was completely speechless (which is rare)!! Thanks mom......and thanks Mr. Carvalli!!


SWOON........

It fit like a glove (thank goodness because I ordered one size smaller........what can I say I was living on the edge!! Can you imagine if it didn't fit?!?!?! Oh the horror!!):


I debated over wearing my hear down for some time but ultimately decided that up was the way to go considering it was a hot July summer day!!


My aunt did my makeup and here I am just touching up:



I wore a fun feathery garter purchased at Victoria Secrets:



My aunt made me two veils to wear!! A really long one to wear to church and a shorter one to wear afterwards:



I chose a classic french manicure on my nails and if you look closely at my ring finger you can see a fun heart detail (It was really a "put the blingy ring here" reminder for 2hotty just in case he forgot! HA!):


As for jewelry I just wore a pair of elegant double hoop earrings with a pearl detail.........a gift from my husband to be:



My wedding bouquet consisted of beautiful white roses encircled by white hydrangeas (my favorite flower!!)..................




..........with swarovski crystals peeking through from the top (which were later taken off to make a beautiful bracelet and a pair of earrings that I will cherish it forever!!):


OK and here is the GROOM:

2hotty wore a basic black suit with a white shirt and textured white tie........oh and a Lilly boutonniere:


As for some blingy bling.......2hotty wore a Movado watch (not gifted by me but we can just pretend......mmkay!):


That's it............no makeup.........no hair-do's...........no manicures or pedicures........oh to be a guy!!

The BRIDAL PARTY:  We had two flower girls and one ring bearer (lucky kid I swear!!):


GROOMSMAN:  The groomsman as well as both fathers all wore a black suit with a brown vest and brown textured tie (not all groomsman pictured):


BRIDESMAIDS:  The bridesmaids (not all pictured) wore a simple knee length Tiffany-blue dress equipped with a hot pink rose bouquet (made by me and the bestest friends in the whole wide world...............the night before the wedding like at 2a.m.!! What was I thinking.........and you thought ordering a size smaller dress was risky!!):


Grooms Parents: 2hotty's mom looked stunning with a bronze beaded floor-length dress:

Brides parents (and siblings): My mom decided to be a DIVA and have two dresses for the wedding.  One for the ceremony (pictured below) and one for the reception!!  The one below was a simple yet very elegant two piece tan dress and jacket!!


Everyone coordinated with the whole tiffany-blue and brown color scheme!!!

The whole bridal party:


Yup we had nine couples total plus the small kiddos!!

(Oh man it's happening again.......I think I have a few tears running down my face!  Someone please hand me a virtual tissue!!)

Just want to give a big shout out to Simone Carvalli and his beautifully designed wedding dress that truly made me feel like a real princess on my special day...............take that Kate Middleton!!


So what did you think??  Anything surprise you?? Perhaps you may have shrieked and gasped a little after reading I ordered a size smaller dress?!?! I must admit that was a bold move on my part!!  Or how about the bridesmaid flowers that I decided to wait until last minute to make?!?!?!  I couldn't of done it without my special elves................they are trully Godsend!! I guess I thought I could be superbride!! Which brings me to my next point: Any of you had any superbride moments?!?!?! There must be more out there................right?!?!?!  Spill those wedding day beans!!!


One blushing bride:
xoxo Joanna D.

2 comments:

  1. I will never forget that weekend! Happy Anniversary... Love jadz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks Jadz.......you know that I couldn't of done it without my little elves (insert pointing my finger at you here) and for that I am blessed with great friends!! Now I live through you and your future wedding someday (hint hint).........and I will be an elf right back!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...