Saturday, August 20, 2011

Wedding Week: Going to the Chapel

After a year and a half of wedding planning THE DAY had finally arrived!! The day that I have been waiting for for a very long time!!  I was so beyond ready to....."get er done"......"tie the knot".........."make 2hotty the ol' ball and chain"!!! Yeehaw!

One of the very first decisions we ever made during the whole wedding process was setting a date with our church!!  It was never really a question.........we both knew we wanted to spend this specially day not only with our family and friends but most importantly with our Lord Savior who had brought us together in such a way we could not have ever imagined!!  It really does blow my mind.........I owe it all to Him!!!

Before we could ever say our "I Do's" we attended premarital counselling classes (not mardional classes like 2hotty likes to call it?!?!) to make sure we could really make a marriage last!!!
Looking back I can't help but laugh at the whole situation, because when it came time to actually taking our "compatibility test" (whatever you wanna call it) we totally did not take it seriously at all!! 
They put us at opposite ends of the room during the "test" and every once in awhile we both would look up at each other and flash hand signals across the room to make sure we were putting down the same answers!! Some may call it cheating but the way I look at it is we were just "helping each other out"!!  Ain't that what marriage is about anyway?!?!  Needless to say we passed with flying colors.............hmmmm!?!?!.......I wonder why?!?! 

Anywho.......let me get to the absolute best part of our wedding........the ceremony!!!  Like 2hotty and I.........it was a bit different!! Many of you may think it was a bit non-traditional.

Non traditional in a way that 2hotty and I decided to see each other before the church ceremony!!


Partly because we had loads and loads of pictures to take and really not enough time to do it throughout the day!


 

 

But partly mainly because we had a special pre-church ceremony held at my parents house!!


Those guys with the funny looking outfits are wearing traditional Polish Highlander costume. On special occasions (such as weddings) they dress like this and play traditional songs and music!!  It's a bit different........but I like it that way!! It's all I've ever known and it wouldn't of been a Polish wedding without them!!  During this special ceremony one of the men gave some words of wisdom to the bride and groom and then both parents gave us their blessing!!


Who am I kidding..........I didn't stand a chance!! As soon as that man opened his mouth.......I sort of lost it!!  The waterworks just could not be turned off at that point!!  I knew what was coming!! He would give us the words of wisdom......the facts of life.......what the word LOVE truly meant!!  I'm pretty sure my makeup artist (aka my aunt) was rolling her eyes to the back of her head just watching as her work of art literally ran all down my face!!! 

Ugly crying picture:

As much as this picture makes me crazy emotional it also makes me laugh hysterically!!
Wanna know why?!?!?
Well you see when the man said his very special speech, he said it in Polish!! I speak and understand Polish........2hotty does NOT!! So basically 2hotty was standing there just plain ol' clueless of what was being said while looking at me crying with black eyeliner running down my face!!
Come to find out (long after the wedding was over) all 2hotty could do was hum the "I like the fishes cause their so delicious" theme song in his head!! Oh yea people I married a winner!!! He's all mine..........so back off!! At least he kept himself entertained!!

Anyway here is a shot of the parents waiting to give us their blessing!! Do they look ever so serious or what?!?!?


Finally somebody handed me a tissue while I tried to hold back tears!!!
His words were so honest, truthful, pure, and meaningful.  He spoke very patiently and every word was emphasized in such a deep and steady voice!! His words were beautiful and I will never forget them!!
 I'm sure 2hotty wont either!! haha!!


Oh and everyone (our immediate family and friends) were there watching and witnessing the whole thing!!  Moral support is so wonderful! Can you spot my friend Harriet bringing out the tissues in the back (that girl is always one step ahead of the game.....love her)?!?!?


Our parents (one by one) then gave us their blessing with a splash of holy water!



Here is that ugly cry again when my mom went in to hug me!!


Phew!!! 
Were you expecting all of that?!?!?! 
Ya and that was only the morning portion of our wedding day............we still had a church ceremony to get to!! You know the part where I walk done the aisle............we exchange our vows.............the officiant says "you may now kiss your bride"!!!
Ya we still had all of that to do..........on top of the wedding reception later on that night!!!
My big fat Polish Wedding was coming true and it was crazy busy!!!

Here is the part where my brothers walked me out of the house to the limo before heading to church!!  This was mainly for the videographer so it looked nice on camera........not really any type of tradition that I know of!


Here are the cool looking Polish dudes doing there Polish thang!!!! Love them!! (Random Fact: I played the violin in a Polish band back in the day!! Now stop laughing.....will ya!!)


Here is 2hotty getting walked out by my maid of honor and sister in law!!


I actually had both my mom and dad walk me down the isle where 2hotty was waiting for me by the alter!! Even though I had seen him prior......he still had that sparkle in his eye (the way I would have imagined he would if we had decided to do it the traditional way)!!



We exchanged our wedding vows (I'm sure with shaky voices).........


.........while excepting those pretty sparkly golden gifts to each other!!!


We were able to take in a deep breath of relief after it was over!!

After the "I Do's" everything in me just felt so good......like a weight was lifted off of my shoulders!!  Basically.......any kind of worry or bad thought that burdened me was gone and I was on cloud nine the entire time!! I was super proud to be able to call 2hotty my husband and for me to be his wife!!



Finally the phrase "when two became one" became realistic and we were just ecstatic!!


Did I mention that we had a big bridal party?!?!  Yes nine couples, two flower girls, and one groomsman........quick somebody do the math......that's a whole lotta friends and family!!  Actually, I would consider my bridal party to be small compared to some of the weddings I've been in or attended!!


Here is a picture with our amazing parents who were extremely supportive and we were ever so blessed and grateful to have them by our sides the entire time!!


The proud Mr. and Mrs. showing off their wedding certificate!!  Ya that one made it on the refrigerator!! (ha ha)


After lots of picture taking we walked out of the church welcomed by our family and friends.............


who instead of throwing rice or blowing bubbles...........

........... threw their hard earned cash at us instead!!
Hey anytime somebodies throwing their money at me......I will waste no time picking up every singe last penny off of that floor!!!

Yeah we even got the green stuff too!! Hello George Washington!!


We banked enough money to order a pizza to our hotel suite later on that night (haha)!!!!

Oh and do you see our champagne glasses?!?!  Wanna know why the liquid looks so yellow (and NO it isn't what your thinking......gross)?!?!?

It's just somebody forgot to bring the champagne bottle (leaving it at the hotel room).........so they poured us a glass of beer instead!!! If that isn't REDNECK.......I don't know what is!!


Just keeping it real folks!!!
Lately that's become my favorite phrase around here!!
Not everything went as planned or as smoothly as one might think it should have but everything some how worked out at the end and we just made the very best of it...............you know just like the surprise we got after toasting to our marriage with beer!! Check out 2hotty's face....haha!!

So that my friends is the recap of our special day where we finally made it to the chapel to say our "I Do's"!! Anything surprise you?!?!  Maybe our special ceremony at the beginning where 2hotty could only think of some "delicious fishes" and I was balling my eyes out?!?!  Or perhaps that I had both of my parents walk me down the aisle?!?!  How about the beer toast surprise at the end?!?!  Ya I wasn't expecting that one either!! So what was your wedding ceromony like?!?!  Anyone went a non-traditional route?!?!

Made it to the Chapel,
xoxo Joanna D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...