Friday, May 6, 2011

Time to Relax!

When we are looking for a place to relax we go no further than Door County, Wisconsin! I must admit when I first heard of Door County it did not sound appealing! I mean come on.....I've been to a few places up north and "ruffin it" in the woods was what came to mind! "Ruffin it" is actually the exact opposite when it comes time to pack up our bags and load up the car for a fun road trip up north! You betchya........DontChyaNo! (hehe-had to add that in there with the best Sarah Palin impression that I could do!) Anyway, today Kelly over at kellyskornerblog.com is doing a "Show Us Your Life" post and it's all about your favorite vacation spots ( including favorite places to stay, eat, and play)! Since we've been to Door County a few times over (in fact we went there for our honeymoon and will continue to go as a yearly tradition), I can definitely share with you some of our absolute favorites!

If you are wanting a weekend getaway and are leaving the kids at home with the sitter, Ashbrooke hotel is the place to stay!!

 

 


The hotel is located in Egg Harbor and is adult only.  Yes I said adult only.......if that doesn't say peace and quiet.....I don't what does!! It's actually the only place we've ever stayed, but once we have children we will have to find another great hotel to stay at!  I cannot say enough about how wonderful Ashbrooke truly is! We always get a hot tub room......its the only way I'll go now! Ha! The rooms are always clean and the beds......Oh my word how I love their beds! The bed is actually what keeps us coming back for more.........it is THAT comfortable!


The rooms are decorated a bit lot country for our taste, but that doesn't really bother us whenever we stay! I mean it is SO comfortable we barely even notice!! AND.... did i mention the Aveda products they provide?!?!.....yes ladies (and men....my husband gets very excited too...he'll never admit it though).....I said AVEDA!! I love me some Aveda! I stock up on those bad boys and hide them in my bag as soon as we get there! Ya don't you raise that eyebrow.......you all know you do it too! Ha!
As soon as we arrive, we love to sit by the harbor and just watch all the beautiful boats sail away into the sunset! We just sit there and enjoy each others company while listening to the water crashing beneath us and watch the sea hawks fly around us! This is my favorite part! It is just soooo peaceful! I hold onto these special memories so tightly......I never ever want them to fade!

 

 




 


Of course whenever we go to Door County we have to get our fish boil fix.....and if you go you must try it! They are fun and oh so yummy!


 




And you must also go to Al Johnson's Restaurant for there Swedish pancakes! Oh and they have real live goats on their roof! Don't believe me......see for yourself:


 




 
There are many other things to do in Door County such as visiting many beautiful state parks, wineries (they're everywhere!), taking a cooking class (we went to a dinner show once.....so worth it....food was amazing), golfing (great amazing golf courses), fishing, eating all things cherry (cherries are there thing), shopping at small quaint boutiques, etc.......!

Here are a few things we enjoy each and every time we go:

Visiting School House Beach at Washington Island



buying gifts from my favorite little Christmas boutique, Pipkas:


 

Swimming in our the pool (there's never anyone in it besides us every time we go!):

 



 And this is my husbands absolute favorite thing to do:


It wouldn't be


Door County


without a


CIGAR!
The sunsets are what makes these relaxing getaways complete:





And that's all I have.....Congrats if you made it this far!! HA! Cant wait to plan or next trip this summer...but i would really like to see what its like during the fall! Hope this post helped a lot for those of you who are planning a trip to Door County! We always come back home feeling refreshed and rejuvenated! This place truly defines mother natures beautiful work of art!

xoxo Joanna D


Have any of you ever vacationed in Door County?  If so, are there any kid friendly places to stay that you would recommend? What are your favorite things about to do?  Are any of you cigar lovers just like my husband...haha?  Perhaps you enjoy beautiful sunsets just like I do!  Would love to hear all about it.....leave it in the comments below!

 

6 comments:

  1. I wrote about Door County also!!! Mine was #5. I've gone every summer. I loved your pictures. I am not so computer savvy yet but hopefully one day I will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Found your blog over at Kelly's Korner! We love door county too! Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thanks Lori! We hope to go every year too. I love it there! Don't worry I'm not so computer savvy myself......you have no idea how long it took me to write this post! Ha! But everyday I learn something new...this new blog is helping with that! We love the custard place too. We have some funny pics taken there. I would have posted them but it was picture overload as it is. Thanks for taking the time to comment! - Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jenna. What are your favorites? Thanks for commenting! - Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I came over through Kelly's blog - even though I didn't participate in her linkup, I had fun reading about Door County! I've always wanted to get up there - we are in SE Minnesota so it's not tooo terribly far away. Your pics just made it final - I am definitely going someday soon! Looks beautiful and relaxing!
    Amber
    http://www.thestrobel3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by! When I came back to your blog I realized I didn't become a "follower" the first time - der! - but I'm glad I'm your first follower! Woohoo!! Thanks for the nice comments on my big ol' twin belly! It's been an experience, that is for sure! Hope you're having a great week-
    Amber

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...