Friday, May 27, 2011

New Favorite Dessert!

Hey Everyone!!! I thought I would share a GREAT dessert recipe with all of you!!  If you are a cheesecake fan like I am you will definitely want to try this recipe!  They are Strawberry Cheesecake Bites and I came across a picture of these one day and thought I would try to make them on my own.......without the actual recipe. If you are a easy kind of girl like me............wait a minute that didn't sound right.......I mean if you like making things that are easy like I do (much better...haha!) and don't take a ton of time...........well this is the dessert to make!!!

Strawberry Cheesecake Bites:

You'll need:
  • Fresh Strawberries
  • 4 oz cream cheese
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup cool whip
  • vanilla extract
  • pre-made pie crust

You wash all of your strawberries

Cut all of the stems off and hollow them out with a pairing knife or a strawberry corer thingy gadget (which I don't own):


Which looks something like this:


Wanna see what the middle parts of strawberries look like:

EWW.......Gross right??

OK sorry I couldn't resist.

Next you gather all of these ingredients to make the cheesecake filling:


Place the cream cheese in a bowl and microwave for about 15-20 seconds. When still warm add the sugar and mix until well dissolved. Next add the sour cream and cool whip and mix.  For some extra flavor add a drop of vanilla extract and mix until smooth and creamy.........just like this:


Place the filling into a plastic sandwich baggy and snip off the corner........just like this:


 
Pipe filling into hollowed strawberries:


Take your store bought pie crust:

 

 
and do the unthinkable..................break it apart:


until all crumbled:


 
 Next take your filled strawberry and add the crumbs......just like this:

 


 voila your cheesecake bites are ready to serve!!



 
I think its chef approved:


 
Easy Peasy......no? Hurry grab your friends and family and make this recipe......and make lots and lots!  I promise they won't last long!! They are very tasty and refreshing......would be a great treat to make on this wonderful Memorial Day weekend?!?!?  Thanks for stopping by and allowing me to share one of my favorite desserts with all of ya'll!! Would love it if you would share any of your favorites with me........leave it in the comments below!!

 Have a blessed Memorial Day Weekend.......lets not forget the meaning of this special weekend!! Thank you to all of our Heros who fight for our freedom.......We salute you!!!!
 xoxo Joanna D. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...