Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sweet Dreams




So our next big purchase will definitely have to be a bigger and a much more comfortable king sized bed!! I mean for real......we cannot take sleeping on a our current bed anymore! Lets face it we are both tall people and we fight for every single square inch that bed has to offer....no joke! I'm surprised we haven't measured the half way point and drawn a big line down the middle!!  That day is coming soon......trust me........so we have to come up with an idea pronto!!
 So.......when it comes to the design of our next bedroom I know exactly what we I want (sorry Hun this ones mine)!! I've been fixated about getting an upholstered bed frame for along time now! I love the idea of having the headboard upholstered in a creamy colored fabric and matching it to dark chocolate brown wooden nightstands and dresser!! I want our room to be cozy, clean, serene, dreamy, and of course oh so romantical (it is where the magic happens after all)!! Aww.....I love thinking about designing our next bedroom......think "pottery barnesque" room with a cozy fireplace, dimmed lights, and lots of candles!  Yes a girl can dream! (haha pun totally intended!) This is one of the few rooms that I have already mapped out in my head to a T!  One things for sure is that I'm going to get my upholstered bed! I just don't know how exactly yet!  All I know is that I don't want to buy another 5 piece bedroom suite.  Its just that I love the look of unmatched furniture in every room that much more. It gives it sooo much character and doesn't look to matchy matchy........if you know what I mean!! But going with an upholstered bed frame isn't exactly the cheapest route either! Some of those bed frames can cost you lots of moolah!!  So who knows........ maybe we will end up with a diy progect this summer by trying it ourselves! Should be interesting!  Could be a disaster!  I have faith!  We can doooo iittt!   Here are some bed frames I'm oohing and awwing over at the moment and also a few bedroom inspiration ideas!  Enjoy!

#1: Creamy and dreamy......could get MCsteamy!






#2: Love the idea of a pattern!



#3: Bed got some curves!





#4: Love love with a capital Love!!





Love this rustic dark wood furniture set from PB!!!!

Mason Headboard & Dresser Set, Full, Rustic Mahogany stain




Would look so good with a nail head upholstered head board like this one:



So that's it.....that's whats "getting on" in my head right now!

Here's to no more aching backs........one day!! Hopefully sooner than later!!

Sweet Dreams!!
xoxo Joanna

Any bed recommendations (not looking forward to the bed shopping process.....awkward!)?  Whatdya think of my bedroom inspirations? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...