Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Just One Special Wish!

Hey hey its my birthday.....what!.....what!.....gonna party like its my birthday.....what!....what!! Anybody else start rapping on their own birthday besides me?  No....didn't think so! haha!  So today....(deep breath and long sigh) I turned a quarter of a century years old.........like omg!! For the most part it was a great day.....until I went to work! Ugh.....stressful day! People don't you know you are suppose to be nice to the birthday girl!! Oh well....that's work for ya!  Its all good (in the hood..hehe...im in the rapping mood), it all changed as soon as I came home to a special meal cooked for me by my mother in law and a much needed glass of wine (or 2,3, or 4??)!! Oh did that do the trick! Everyone surprised me with wonderful presents and we had cake and ice cream too!! OoooWeee!! I love my family and friends.....they make we feel so special and all fuzzy inside! Thanks a bunch.....I truly am blessed!

So I kinda wanted to make this post short and sweet and not go on and on about how its my birthday.....BUT.....I wanted to share a few things!  I wanted to share my birth story......well as told to me over the years by my mother! So here it goes:
So first things first my mother went into labor with me on HER birthday! Can you just imagine?!?! Yes every year she always tells me how I was the best birthday gift she could ever have! Awwww.....isn't that sweet!!  Anyway......so as the day went by with no signs of increased dilating and midnight was nearing closer and closer my mom had told my dad to just go home so he can be with my two older brothers (who were 5 and 4 at the time)!  He insisted that he should stay but after the nurse checked on her it looked like delivering me wasn't going to happen anytime soon!!  So my dad had left the hospital.  (what a mistake...haha)  Not to long after, my mom felt ALLOT of pressure and did not know what to do besides scream (she says she was pretty sure she woke up the whole hospital..haha)! The nurse came running in to check on my mom and could not believe she had dilated sooo quickly in a short period of time......I mean she had JUST checked on her!! Well to make a long story short my mother had given birth to me at that time all by her self.....well not all by herself....of course there were nurses and a Dr helping. She just had no family or friends there for moral support.  There was no one there holding her hand.  No one there telling her to breath.  No one there telling her to push!  She did it all by herself.....wow....independent that one I swear! (maybe that's who i get it from....hmmmm?) Soon after, my dad came to the hospital and he gave her that look.....like....SO what is it?  My mom lied and told him that I was boy! Boy # 3 to be exact! She said the look on his face was priceless! He had that "I'm happy.....but Man I wish it was a girl" face! Oh Boy girl was he surprised when she told him she was just kidding!  He did not believe her! He had to open the diaper just to be 100% sure!  IT'S A GIRL!!
And here i am twenty five years later! Just amazing how time flies by!
So there you have it, little bits and pieces of my birth story that I sure do love to hear every year!!
This year on my 25th Birthday I have just one wish.  A very special wish!  A wish that brings me to my knees every night and fills my eyes with tears!  Its one little wish that would fill my heart with soooo much joy! Like big.....no even bigger....like HUGE! Its one special wish that He can only make come true!  Keeping my fingers and toesies crossed!! I have faith and I am blessed!

Signing off as an old new 25 year old (so long 24.....its been real!) xoxo ~ Joanna


Anyone else like hearing about their birth story?  Or how about rapping "Happy Birthday" to yourself?  (can i get a what! what!) Anyone have any special wishes come true lately?  Would love to hear all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...