Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Lasagna Soup

Every night after dinner I always ask 2hotty what he would like for dinner the next day and almost every time he replies with, "Oh you know just somethin quick and simple, like pizza or mac and cheese or somethin".  Every girls dream right?!?!  For their husband to tell them not to slave over the stove after a long day at work.  How sweet right?!?!  Well I'm not like most girls.   HA! I like a good challenge.  I want him to tell me to make pasta primavera or a filet in a bordelaise sauce or something along those lines.  I want him to come up with something other than mac and cheese........and I'm not talking "make from scratch" mac and cheese.....Oh No.....2hotty loves the "out of the box" kind that comes with the packet of bright orange cheese powder. HA! Cheese powder.......that sounds funny! Don't get me wrong I love me some good ol' Kraft mac and cheese with lil smokies, but not EVERY single night!  So I often suggest other things. 
One of my favorite things to do is scour through cook books and magazines to try/test out new recipes and then rate them on a scale of 1 to 5!!

Today I suggested we try lasagna soup. 

This one actually:


found from this website. <===== click here for the list of ingredients and recipe......you won't be sorry!!

Last night when I asked 2hotty what we should have for dinner.....he gave me the same ol' same ol' answer as I grunted with an "Oh come on....AGAIN......we had pizza two days ago"!! So I suggested we have lasagna soup. First he laughed at me! Then when he realized I was being serious he questioned it. 

Scott: "Really lasagna soup?!?!"  "What's lasagna soup?"
Me:  "Are you serious Scott?!?!"
Scott: "Ok sure lets have lasagna soup!!!

We had it tonight.  It was GREAT!! Doesn't taste like moms lasagna but its definitely delicious none the less.  Its funny.....my mom is Polish but she's famous for her AWESOME lasagna!! HA!  I would probably rate the recipe a 4 (out of 5) and it's definitely repeat worthy (meaning I will be making this recipe some time again)!!

Here is how mine turned out:




If you're going to attempt this recipe I would let it cool a little before serving.  Also the recipe calls for mafalda or fusilli pasta.......well my Walmart does not carry that fancy stuff so I just used no-boil lasagna pasta noodles and broke them into smaller  pieces right into the soup.

 The recipe also calls for fresh chopped basil.  I love using this stuff:


How cool, huh?!?! Herbs that come in a tube.  I can never use all of the fresh herbs I buy without them going bad on me so I buy this stuff in a tube and have it on hand for a few months to come.  Love it!! Changed my life.  Well not really but its really a great idea!!  Wish I would've thought of it first......along with spanx.......yes now that's a product that has DEFINITELY change my life!!  I blame it on my uncontrollable love for food......and my love for eating it!! It's recipes like lasagna soup that make me wear spanx.  Wait why am I talking about spanx?!?!  Allrightythen.....try this recipe and let me know what you think!! Until next time lovies!

xoxo Joanna D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...