Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Our Bloody Halloween!!

It was our first Halloween at our new house........so I was obligated to do something special to mark this moment (and besides it is one our favorite holidays)!!  I donno about you but there is just something about the crisp fresh air, the fun decorated spooky looking houses, the giddiness of dressing up as anything you want (and getting away with it), and most importantly digging through a big pile of candy.......it all just gets me very excited every year!!  I just love every bit of it (and apparently so does my midsection after i devour into snickers and twizzlers all evening!!)!!!

I wasn't sure if we would get any trick-or-treaters because we don't really live in a neighborhood per say but I didn't want to take any chances either so I made 2hotty buy some goodies for me the kiddos as I cooked up a yummy Halloween feast!!


I didn't want to be that house on the block pitch black with the lights turned all off pretending like nobody was home................or even WORSE the house with NO CANDY (and give away lame things like spare change or old muffins from a week ago.....eew!)!
Not these new kids on the block.......OH! NO!......we were prepared!!

  Prepared SO much that we didn't get one single person!!  No witches, no super heroes, not even any Jersey Shore cast members.......Notta!!......Yep just me and that big pile of candy (yes I can feel each and every Reese's cup jiggling on my thighs........its not cool when you keep hearing your body parts yell out "trick or treat" every minute until you give in and force a chocolate down your throat......NOT COOL!!)!!!

In our big tub of Halloween/Fall decor that we unpacked, 2hotty had found these awesome bloody candles we purchased on sale years ago!!


They set the perfect ambiance for our little Halloween feast!!

Bloody Hell!!
(we also watched Harry Potter that night...........sometimes I wish I lived in Hogwarts and that Harry, Ron, and Hermoine would adopt me as their fourth BFF.......sometimes!! HA!) Every year starting in October we watch all of the Harry Potter movies........its become a tradition!!
I love traditions!

I also found a recipe on Pinterest of this drink called the "Sinister Cider Cocktail" because A. we had some apple cider in the fridge that I didn't know what to do with besides drink it on its own and 2. I just needed a drink after a friggin long day at work (and NO I don't need to go to any AA meetings!)!!

The fancy version made by the professionals:

6 Spook-Tacular Halloween Cocktails

The redneck version made by two well......rednecks:

(I used purple sprinkles I found from an Easter kit unlike the schmancy black sugar above.......like I said.......redneck version!)


It was still good non the less!! I bet Lindsey Lohan wouldn't complain one bit ;-)

As for the main course I whipped up a cheesy gooey cheesy and cheesy macaroni and cheese casserole!!
Did I mention it was cheesy??? Yes loads and loads of cheese with bacon deliciousness on top!!
It was so darn GOOD!!

I found this cute pasta at World Market that I just had to have:


It's the one (and ONLY) time that I could really say I've eaten spiders and liked it:


2hotty had a second helping!!
I don't know where it all goes because if I dare had seconds I would have to change my name to Shamu!!

So that's that.......our first Halloween in the new house (even though Thanksgiving is like next week already and I'm just getting around to posting it now.......better late than never right??)

Hope you had a great Halloween and am so jealous of anyone who had The Situation or Snooki come over and trick-or-treat this year!!

xoxo Joanna D.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...