Tuesday, October 22, 2013

What's a Chevron?!?

Yes these were the exact words out of my hubby's mouth when I told asked him to help me paint a chevron wall in our home.  He absolutely had no clue what it was.  So in true Joanna fashion, I wasted absolutely no time showing him all of the chevron goodness I've been pinning to my Pinterest account.  You see, I've learned that I shouldn't dare try to explain or describe anything in depth verbally when it comes to home related things.  Really, I'm sure he just tunes me out and probably sings the "I love fishes" song in his head after about the first five seconds I start vomiting words about things such as layouts, window treatments, and carpet swatches.  So when it comes to project time and I think he has somewhat of a clue.....he really has no idea!  So NOW I've gotten better at not wasting my breath and instead grabbing the computer to show pictures.  Lots. And. Lots. Of. PICTURES!! Thank goodness for Pinterest!  It's saved my marriage.

Which brings me to my point.  Last week I convinced him that the small narrow wall in the entryway was the perfect accent wall to paint CHEVRON.  Low and behold.....he AGREED!! Finally. But before I show you how the before and afters of our project turned out, here are some of my fave chevron projects I've been drooling over!

Chevron Pumpkin DIY. You still have time before the BIG DAY!  I heart Halloween.  How cute are these:


 
Accent Wall: Super cute for a craft room or even a nursery.  But man is it dedication.  The taping is the hardest part.  I think she used a stencil which is probably a bit easier:
 

Decor and the Dog Craft Room 1.jpg
 
A small dividing wall just like ours.  Love the mirror and table combo.  I'm looking for furniture pieces like this.  I like the glam of the mirror but the shabby chic of the table.  That's the feel I'm going for in our house. Glam Shabby Chic....I like it:
 
052212-sarah.jpg
 
 My inspiration photo.  I love pretty much everything they've done in their home.  One day we'll add wood floors and chunky white baseboards like theirs.  It just feels so homey:



House Crashing: Classic & Natural With A Twist | Young House Love. I love almost everything in here.
 
The "tutorial" I went with to paint our wall.  I love the black and beige.  The color I went with is a bluish slate color.  We already had it on hand so it made our project FREE.  I'm reconsidering re-painting it a brownish black.  Re-considering is not the same as actually doing it! Let's just make that clear. haha.  That would take effort and TIME......and right now I'm just going to live with the bluish slate:
 
DSC_0088

 
 
Chevron AND burlap together?!?! Be. Still. My. Beating. Heart. I love me some wreaths and this just may have to be the next one I make.  Would be so cute for fall:
 
 
 
 
So ya, just a few of my favorite chevron looks from around the Internet.  Man are people creative with their homes aren't they?!?  I know that overwhelmed feeling my husband gets when I babble of a million and two things I want to do to this teensy tiny home of ours.  I don't blame him for rocking in a corner after listening to me after even five seconds!  For me its the opposite than it is with him.  Pictures overwhelm me.  Its like the "thirty-one" flavors in an ice cream shop.  How do I just pick one?! I want them ALL!  Or in this case, I want to do all the projects I come across.  ALL OF THEM.  Then I tell myself, "Ok Veruca Salt pick just one thing at a time and one THEME at a time and STICK with it!".  It's not as easy as it sounds people!!  Am I the only one?!? 
 
Hope ya'll are having a great start to the week so far.  See you soon with pictures of my chevron wall! YAY!
 
 
xoxo Joanna


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...