Friday, October 18, 2013

Halloween Display 2013

Hands down probably one of my favorite holidays to decorate for!  I feel like you can't really mess up Halloween décor.  It doesn't have to be perfect or neat.  Actually it should be the opposite of those things. Creepy, crawly, spooky and fun.  I'm the type of person that likes to decorate for Halloween separately.  So we usually display our Halloween décor in October and than transition into more Thanksgiving/Fall themed décor the beginning of November.  I know its a bit more work but I just have so much fun with the creepys and the crawlies that it's hard for me to combine all Fall décor together.  Does that make any sense?!?
 
I don't really stick to a theme or anything, its just more of a color scheme. I like it to be mostly black, white, and silver.  As I've mentioned before in other blog posts, I like to start decorating the white shelves in our kitchen.  They are small enough where its not to overwhelming and we get to enjoy the décor more since its probably one of the most used rooms in our house. 
 
 
 
 

I think the graveyard in the apothecary glass is one of my faves.  I did this last year and I'm pretty sure It'll become a yearly tradition.  Oh and the wine bottles dripping with "bleeding" candles were fun to make as well.  So actually both of these will be yearly standbys I'm sure.



I don't know this man in the picture.  It's one of those holographic pictures. When looking at it from different angles his face turns into a skeleton.  How fun?!  Both the picture and frame were dollar store finds. 


 The stacked "books" on both shelves were actually from the liquor store.  I believe my hubby bought bottles of rum that were packaged in them.  I didn't want to throw them away and figured I'd use them for something!  Perfect for my little display. 

 
The creepy crawly spiders were the only items I purchased this year.  I wanted to fill in the area between the two shelves because eventually I'm going to add another shelf in between.  This for some reason reminds me of Ron Weasley saying "why couldn't it be follow the butterflies"! Name that movie!!! 

 
 
 
So that is basically where Halloween begins and ends in our home.  A little bit of ripped up cheesecloth, some dripping blood candles, creepy crawly spiders, and one diggin (haha) graveyard sets the Halloween mood for us. 
 

Oh and P.S.: The cabinet will soon get a makeover.  I'm painting it white so it blends in and doesn't stick out like a ghost shopping in a grocery store.  Ya know?!  I'm hoping its all done before I show my Fall/Thanksgiving display in a few weeks. 

Hope you ENJOY!
xo J.D.
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...