Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Easter Y'all!

This year Easter was missing a few pieces to the puzzle! What do I mean? Well this year we had Easter at home but my brothers, my sister in law, and my brand (spankin) new cutie of a nephew could not make the three hour drive up this year! Booooo!! Another boooo was that my mom had to work the whole weekend......the whole weekend people! Easter just did not feel the same but we made the very best out of the situation! I started out the week by making a few of my coworkers and family some yummy goodies!

I made cupcakes......I love cupcakes.....there mini......and cute!!!


They are suppose to be little chicks and lambs.......haha.....but the lambs look like lil white elephants!


Hey what do you get when you cross an elephant with a rhino????   hELLIFINO?? haha- okay enough of the cheese!

These mini cute lil things were a pain in the you know what!! They took forever!! I made twenty four of them! If you didn't get one well you missed out because I will not put myself through that again! I brought some over for my godchild (who is four) to enjoy......Oh he enjoyed them all right and he ate all of there faces off! That stinker! I wish I snapped an after picture of that!

Although nobody from my immediate family could make it, Scott's aunt drove up to celebrate with us! She is always fun and is always a joy to talk to!! We all went out to dinner at the country club and rushed home to watch say yes to the dress! Our fave show to watch when she comes up!

Saturday was a happy dance day!!! I found all the essentials that I needed to make my Easter bouquets like square vases! We colored Easter eggs......yearly tradition! I know...I know.....but your too old fun to color Easter eggs?? No way....love me some colorful eggs!  Forgot to snap a picture of that too! Booo! And headed off to church to bless the Easter baskets!

After Easter service on Sunday, we headed home for a traditional Easter breakfast at my parents house before my momma headed off to work!! It was delicious and I look forward to it every year!!

My hubby caught me off guard this year and got me a lil somthin somthin for my Easter basket!! I love me some presents......no matter what it is!! You get me something and I will be your bestest friend for eva!!! Even if its a piece of paper that you scribbled on.....if you give it to me i will cherish it for ever!


A sweet lovey card and a bird & cage necklace! I love me some birds! As you can tell by my blog! But wait Joanna, What did you get your lovely husband for Easter? Of course you got him something? Or wait, you probably made him something.....since you were sooo busy making every one else something? Yea its true! Gosh I totally forgot to get my wonderful hubby something for his Easter basket this year! I had good intentions and was thinking of ideas throughout the week! But Easter came and I had nufing! Awww worst wife ever! (sorry hunny....you still love me right?)

 



We had great weather for Easter! By great I mean it did not rain or even worse....SNOW (we got like 4 inches a few days before) and the sun was out and shining!




And we got to hang out with one of the cutest dogs we know!!

 This is Max, the family dog!

Overall, we had a wonderful Easter and we're hoping every year we continue to be blessed with family and friends! I cherish each and every day that passes by and thank Him for all that He has blessed me with!


Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

So tell me any of you 20+ year olds (without children) color Easter eggs this year? Or did you make any yummy Easter goodies? How about forgetting to get a gift for your lovey this year? Perhaps you spent it with a special furry friend like we did? Tell me....tell me I would love to know....leave it in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...