Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Fiesta Fifty!!!


Hold on to your sombrero's people, we're having a fiesta!  Sounds fun, no?  So this year my mom is turning the big 5 to da 0! Wow, to me she never seems to age.  As I grow older my mom remains the same age as she was 10 years ago! ha ha. Anyhoo, my brothers and I are throwing my wonderful mother a Fabulous & Fifty Fiesta!  So in this post I wanted to include some fun images I found that are the inspiration for the whole party! I cant wait! Cant wait to get my fiesta on! Arrriiibbbaaaa!!! 

So here is what my fabulous photographer sista in law came up with when it came to the invitation!


This is a picture of her from high school?...I think! Shes going to kill us!


As for the decorations.....we are going with a bright and cheerful (just like momma!) theme!

Google images
Fun and bright tissue paper pompoms in a bunch of festive colors like oranges, pinks, blues, greens...etc!

google images
A fun colorful pinata filled with yummy candy and toys for the lil ones to enjoy.....but I'm thinking the adults will want in on this one too!!

google images

Cute lil mini sombreros for us girls to look a lil festive!


google images

And these mustaches.....ha ha.....I cannot wait to see everyone wearing these!

google images

We also got our hands on one of these for the party......The Margarator!

Those are some of the things that will make an appearance at the fiesta!

As for the food......this category lays solely in my two older brothers hands! They love food! If these two have access to a grill, smoker, stove, oven, etc.......they have at it!

We're thinking a burrito/taco bar is the way to go for this party!


google images

The guests can just help themselves and customize there own taco!

And of course staples like chips and salsa, guacamole, tamales, rice and beans will find there way to the buffet line too!

google images

Oh and wait we cannot forget dessert!! Margarita cupcakes!!! Yes please where can you sign me up!

 As for my assistant Scott (my lovely and handsome boyfriend/husband (depends on the day)) he will be the bartender! (what!?!? the kid loves his beer and alcohol)

So there it is! A little insight of what my visions for this party are! Lets see what will actually make the cut! I hope the weather cooperates and my mom does not find out about this party, or else are fiesta theme party might not be as caliente as we hope!

Anyone throwing a cheezy themed party? Does smacking a pinata until you turn blue in the face sound like a whole lotta fun? Or how about that Margarator.....anyone know a great margarita recipe?? Please post any of your comments below!

Hasta la vista....baby!! 

xoxo  Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...