Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Goodness

like love lurve crafts! Crafts are fun and cute! So when it comes to holidays I enjoy making something special for some of my peeps (ha ha pun intended.....Easter = peeps)! This year I ventured out and made both of my mommy's (real mom and fake mom in law....I hate saying mother.....it makes it sound so proper or something) a pretty bouquet arrangement this Easter! 

So this was my inspiration for the arrangement!


http://easter.tipjunkie.com
Oooohhhh pretty!! I just knew I could not make it look that
amazing! And that was a given as soon as I went to our local Walmart and looked at their tulips!  There they were a few of them in a bouquet looking all sad and pitiful.  Not exactly what i wanted for a fun Easter bouquet for my wonderful mommy's! Nu uh...not this girl! So I threw out the idea of getting tulips and decided on using a different flower arrangement instead. But wait I had another dilemma! I needed a square vase to make my bunny peeps look just perfect like the picture above! I swear our local Walmart carried them..........of course they didn't! They carry snuggies and sham wows, but a square vase, Oh no! They were no where to be found!  I went to a few different stores in my area and found notta!!  Even my husband searched high and low for me! (Thanks hunny!) So as a few days went by I started to become sad and nixed the idea of making an Easter bouquet as spectacular as the one above all together! Whoa! Until Scott and I took a drive about an hour away and stopped at Target! Oh Happy Day!! I found them, there was only two of them left! A sign that my bouquet making should and would really happen! So we got all of the essentials:

Candy:

I got Mike and Ike's just because I saw them at World Market and I they were on sale!

Bunny Peeps:




I wanted the purple ones but they were sold out!

Pretty flowers:




After looking at some flowers at a grocery store I fell in love with these colors and they complimented the colors from the candy so well!

And of course the hard to find SQUARE vase and a smaller vase or drinking glass to go inside to contain the bouquet of flowers!

And here is the final product! Cute...huh?!?!

 


AND

after coming home the next day I noticed that someone got a little hungry OR maybe those lil bunnies felt very claustrophobic and walked away! Hmmmm......I like a good mystery!


  
What happened to the row of peeps?

xoxo Joanna D.

Anyone else love making fun holiday crafts and giving them to your fave peeps (haha I just love the cheese)? Or maybe you'd much rather receive them?  Have you ever heard of walking marshmallow bunny peeps (hey you never know)? So what did you think of my Easter bouquet?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Coley for stopping by!!!! I absolutely love your shoes that you wore the day of your wedding:........super cute, fun, and girly!!! xo Joanna D.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...