Monday, December 17, 2012

Countdown to Christmas: Outdoor Holiday Lights

 

 
This year we decided to step up our "outdoor decorating" game.  Last year we were in our house only one month before Christmas rolled around, therefore we really didn't do much with the outside.  BUT (and that's a big ol' Santas BUT) this year we were prepared and strung those lights loud and bright for everyone to ooh and ahh as they drove by.  Who am I kiddin?!?!  I'm probably the ONLY person doing the oohing and ahhing each night. :-)  Next year WE WILL HAVE MORE!! (enter maniacal laugh here and a big jolly HO HO HO!) 
 
 
 
I am in LOVE with this tree all strung in lights.  Would it be wrong for me to keep them on all year long?!?!  We would be those neighbors.....you know the "Bumpuses"! 
It really does make me smile though......and smiling is my favorite thing (name that movie!).  :-)
 
 
Two festive wreaths hang on either side of the garage doors for the daytime viewers.

 I believe the only thing that we did last year to decorate the outdoors for the holidays was the doorway and front window.  We decided to do the samething this year.
 
 
And instead of a wreath on the front door, I raided my own mothers Christmas bin and found this broom looking "thing" that she wasn't using.  I like it because it has a couple bells strung to it and whenever someone comes over they jingle!  Fun, right?!?!
 
 
It looks especially pretty at night.
 

 
So that is all we did decorate the outdoors.  Just a few wreaths, bows, and white lights.  Nothing too crazy but just enough to give our home some Christmas cheer.  However, I do want to add more lights for next year..... who knows what we'll come up with! 
What did you do to decorate the outdoors?!?!
 
How about Jade in the picture above.  :0)
How much is that puppy in the window?!?!
 
 
For a few years now I have always wanted a puppy for Christmas.  Well lucky me!  For the first time this year I don't have to put a puppy on my wish list.  This year I get to spend Christmas with my most favorite puppy in the world and I wouldn't have it any other way!!
BEST CHRISTMAS EVER!
 
I hope everyone is enjoying these last few days before the big day.  I know these are the most stressful but it doesn't have to be.  Please take the time to "stop and smell the roses".  Enjoy the prep work, get messy with the kids while decorating cookies, don't fuss over a messy house, stay up singing carols and watch as many Christmas movies as you can (love those classics).  These days are the most precious of them all!  Christmas will be here and gone before we know it and no moment should be wasted over a dirty floor or an unfinished guest bedroom!  You feelin me?!?! 
 
Have a wonderful day :-)
 
xoxo JoAnna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...