Thursday, February 2, 2012

Fingerprint Heart

Yesterday I showed you my little setup that I have going on in the entryway of my house this Valentines Day. I used a few things that I already owned..........


...........and went to work giving each item a little makeover to make it more "Valentiney" so to speak. 

This what I last left you with:


I just covered the glass vase with burlap (already owned) tied with some yarn and ribbon I purchased from Michael's.  The votive holders also got made over simply by wrapping left over yarn round and round, secured with some tape.

After all of this it still looked a bit sparse......so I just had to add MORE!! 

Next on the list was to update the picture in the frame. 
It was gifted to me by my Aunt with a baby picture of her son, my Godchild (He is now five going on six years old.......just was too darn lazy to ever change the picture! HA!).

This is what I came up with:

(Warning: Pictures taken at night therefore lots of shadows and weird lighting.  Ugh!)

I cut out silhouettes of Scott and I from a picture we ended up NOT using for our Christmas card this year:


 I printed this picture out:


Cut out the silhouettes, traced it on black construction paper then cut and glued em' onto scrapbook paper:


Above our silhouettes are mine and 2hotty's fingerprints shaped into a heart (can I get an awww?!?! No?!?!....Ok!!?):


You have NO IDEA what I went through to get 2hotty to do this with me! HA!!  There was allot of rolling of the eyes and muttering under the breath (but he still loves me anyway!)!!! 
I just noticed it's crooked too (have to fix that ASAP before my OCD kicks in!!!)!!

We did have to practice a bit because many of our attempts looked a bit blobby (due to 2hottys big ol' fingers!!)!!


This one turned out decent HA!:


I also added the bird (because she was way too cute to leave out!):



Here is what I did to make the ornaments:

For the pompons I used the "fork" method:

 (CLICK HERE for a great tutorial especially if using non-fuzzy yarn!!)

Just wind the yarn around a fork about 35-40 times:


Then grab some fishing line (or a piece of yarn) and put it through the middle prong of the fork and tie into a knot:


Tie until tight and pull yarn off of the fork:


This is what it looks like finished (if using fuzzy yarn that is):


I made a few of them in both colors and hung them randomly on the branches.  

Next I added these "key to my heart" ornaments:


I followed THIS METHOD:

Materials for flower garland

I found the skeleton key on Martha Stewart's website using this template FOUND HERE!!


Again, just traced onto black scrapbook paper, cut out, and taped to the front of the paper ornament. 
I also hole punched the key and used fishing line to hang the ornament on the branches:


Just a few pompons and paper ornaments needed to bedazzle this Valentines Day arrangement:

I love the way everything turned out......and it was cheap too!!
I think everything here set me back maybe 10 "dollhairs" (that IS including the burlap I already had on hand):


Not too shabby, huh?!?!

I have one more project to finish that will be placed on the wall above
to fill up the empty space a bit and make the whole thing come together:


Yay for the month of LOVE!!!

So tell me, are you decorating for V-day this year?!?!?!  This is a first for me......I had a lot of fun with it though!! How will you be spending V-day (I hope it's with someone special)?!?!  Are you planning on doing something special for your special someone this year?!?!  I hope my someone special is planning something special for me this year...HA!...just kiddin...............well not really!! HA!

xo JoAnna D.

1 comment:

Your comments make my day!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...